The Student Room Group

Does anyone keep a diary? I'm considering it...

Scroll to see replies

I blog a lot (the one in my sig, plus a *very* personal one, which nobody has a link to). It's ncie to be able to track your thoughts over a long period of time.. I realised a couple of years ago how pathetic I was about this certain guy, and I vowed never to talk about him again.. and I didn't! Life is a lot better since making that decision :smile:

Your thoughts are really special and important to you, so why not keep not of them!
This has inspired me to keep one. I think I might try and do it like a scrapbook - the only thing I've done similar was my 3 weeks of travels in America in 2009. That was fun because my friend was doing it also, and I still like looking at it.
Also I found myself writing things in the 'Notes' app on my iphone, for example texts that I'd love to send to someone but never would, or my emotions that I would be likely to forget if I'm ever in an argument with my boyfriend. however I can't do this anymore as he insists on looking through my phone :frown:
I did forever ago...it is full of 'omg i'm in love with -insert boy's name here' and 'I hate so and such what a bitch'.

Good times :'D

A serious diary is never something I could keep, but it is a good idea :biggrin:
Original post by Arekkusu
How do you password-protect a folder? Been trying to do that for ages!

http://www.uwo.ca/its/doc/hdi/email/word-excel-protect.html

Hope that will help, I haven't actually tried it myself
yep, every day before bed! Just logging what I did/any other thoughts... Helps me sleep better! Next time I buy one might get a "Day per page" instead of the half page though... Ive got too many thoughts for 10 lines!
Original post by Anonymous
For the first time in my life I genuinely want to keep a diary, or, a sort of incoherent account of my thoughts, rather than a structured diary.
Does anyone else do this?

At the moment, my head is quite a 'mess', and I thought keeping a diary might help me get on track and clear my mind and help me organise my thoughts a bit.
So does anyone keep one? Or even better, has anyone kept one because of the same reasons I want to?

I do... its just a notebook with optional dates on top... sometimes I write once a week, sometimes once every few months... it depends on whats happening in my life...
makes it easier to make sense of my past I guess, my feelings, my thoughts...
I write shocking poetry too for the same reasons.. never edit them once theyve been written and dont waste time formulating them... just... write because it makes more sense you know!
Just dont feel like you are failing if you start a diary and dont write in it as often as you intended... a few months, a year even, is not as important in the long run!!!
For the first time in my life I genuinely want to keep a diary, or, a sort of incoherent account of my thoughts, rather than a structured diary.
Does anyone else do this?

At the moment, my head is quite a 'mess', and I thought keeping a diary might help me get on track and clear my mind and help me organise my thoughts a bit.
So does anyone keep one? Or even better, has anyone kept one because of the same reasons I want to?

I write my days on the computer, its easier than writing plus a little quicker but i dont write everyday just when i need to, so yeah go for it. It helps alot if you need to vent out or just need to rant, get a load off your chess.
I've thought about it before but I don't think it's my type of "thing". I'm not really a fan of basically making a paper copy version of my personality. This might sound pretentious but I'm a individual, not a historical document. I don't want someone to find my diary when I'm long gone and to then go on to know everything about who I was. I want some of my thoughts to be known to me only forever and the only way of ensuring that is the case is to never write those thoughts down or tell anyone about them.

Saying that, TSR is a bit like a diary for me at the moment. I'm probably more honest than I should be and even just a few moments after I submit some posts, I cringe. God knows how I'll feel when I read them back in the future.
Reply 68
If you do find out, please let me know, i'm curious now :biggrin:

i did find it! shortly after and came straight back :smile:

i have kept a diary since i was 12 =D i started solely to merely pass time and reflect on things,
soon becoming something that helped me improve on my english. despite english being my favourite subject in school i was in the lowest ability group only for this class before started keeping a diary. my parents + 5 siblings ALL spoke russian as second language (but none knew any english at the time), but i had no interest in russian (i was doing polish as second language) so i couldn't request them for help :/ i think a few years of diary writing was the main reaon i finish with best possible grade in english in my college =D since then i started teaching my parents english (they now live here) ^^ though i'm still not really confident speaking english since i moved here as people struggle to understand my accent here ;P

...sorry for long post that might have gone off topic a bit...it is just it brought up all these happy memories =))))) x
Reply 70
I can't keep up with diaries
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending