The Student Room Group

Frontline social work grad scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

I attended an assessment centre on 10th November and heard back this morning - so it took 2 weeks and 2 days for me to hear back!

Good luck!
Original post by jjjjbbbbcccc
I attended an assessment centre on 10th November and heard back this morning - so it took 2 weeks and 2 days for me to hear back!

Good luck!

Wow Congratulations!! (I'm assuming you were accepted) Did they call you or email you? I'm kind of expecting a rejection email now since I haven't heard yet, but well done you!
Ahh thank you - were you there on the 10th too? They called me.
No definitely not, they told me I might not hear back til the 2nd Dec so they probably haven't made all their decisions yet.
Good luck for when you do hear :smile:
Hi guys, Have just been invited to an assessment centre and am SO HAPPY!! Probably a very daft question but I've just been onto the applicant portal to select an assessment date and it won't let me click to choose one? I haven't completed the referee form yet as having a think about who to ask for the current employer/family and children competency one. Is it because of that?
Hello, i am also struggling to select a date for the assessment centre and i have completed my references, is anyone able to advise?
Original post by rajakumarr
Hello, i am also struggling to select a date for the assessment centre and i have completed my references, is anyone able to advise?

I rang them today after trying all weekend to sign up for a slot, they're really helpful and booked me into the assessment centre on 10th December at 9.15 over the phone! So if its still not displaying the 'book' button give them a call as the original slot I wanted is full. might see you there :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by sophiech123
I rang them today after trying all weekend to sign up for a slot, they're really helpful and booked me into the assessment centre on 10th December at 9.15 over the phone! So if its still not displaying the 'book' button give them a call as the original slot I wanted is full. might see you there :smile:

Hi
What number did you use to call them all I can find is the one that says for press only?

Thanks and good luck
Reply 67
Hey,

was just wondering if there had been any news. i only did my assessment center this week but was wondering if there was a chance people were getting responses of any kind.

Also in general, of the 180 spaces that were available, is there any idea how many have been allocated yet to successful applicants.

Just checking to see what the latest is :smile:
Reply 68
I am awaiting the link to do the video interview! Very scared! What were the questions like? Tough?
Reply 69
Original post by flibbet
Have been invited to an assessment day :smile: happy but nervous of what to expect!

Got the invite about a week and half after I submitted video interview, if that helps anyone, though I expect they'll all come in diff times as the submissions gets busier.

With the verbal reasoning there are lots of practice tests online. The situational one is quite fun actually, a look at what the job might be like!

How was the video interview? I'm awaiting the link to do mine! Are the questions tough?
Hi everyone,

I've actually got my assessment centre day tomorrow (it seems really late I know). Just wondered what people wore to the assessment day? Also when they say good luck in your preparation I'm assuming they just mean general prep and there's nothing specific we are meant to prepare for e.g. taking an essay or anything with us??

Thank you so much!
hey!!! i also have my interview tomorrow for social work! do you have facebook or something, quite new to this, so we could talk on there? so nervous!!
I attended the assessment centre on 18/01, is it 1 or 2 weeks before we hear the outcome? I remember they said one week on the day but the paper I was given says 2.
Do you guys have any tips for the role play such as things to consider before attending, I am really nervous about this element of the AC
Have you been invited to an assessment day already pinkapple?
Sorry to post again but I've had to make a new account. I've applied but told I won't hear until end of November which is a pain. I'm wondering if I've just been put on the reserve list. I definitely struggled with the verbal reasoning aspect, although thought the rest of my application was pretty strong.
I've got my assessment centre interview tomorrow. Has anyone got any helpful tips for it, I'm pretty nervous!
Original post by StudentAgain1
Sorry to post again but I've had to make a new account. I've applied but told I won't hear until end of November which is a pain. I'm wondering if I've just been put on the reserve list. I definitely struggled with the verbal reasoning aspect, although thought the rest of my application was pretty strong.

I have the exact same email :/ I also struggled with the verbal reasoning.. but everything else was fine!
I've emailed them and they've confirmed that I'm on the reserve list. Not really sure why they couldn't just say that in the first place!
Original post by StudentAgain1
I've emailed them and they've confirmed that I'm on the reserve list. Not really sure why they couldn't just say that in the first place!

Oh really! I wonder how many are on the reserve list?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending