The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherryred90s
Why is your essay due on a Sunday :colonhash:

All my essay deadlines are on Sundays :colondollar:
Original post by Ivann505
aite guys the time is currently 14:59 just woke up after having a heavy night out for my mate's Birthday... I was mean to do all the work last night but he dragged me out and now I'm stuck with a fat hangover. Can I make it?

have you made any progress?
You are my hero! Anything is possible.
OP is probably watching TV.
Original post by MarkSearle
I know someone who started an 5000 word essay at 10pm with it being due in the next morning. It was an economics essay at Warwick and they got a first.

LOL a 5000 word economics essay at Warwick. I assume this was his final year dissertation as the curriculum is basically mathematical.
Original post by Greatleysteg
OP I don't know about your uni, but at Warwick (and most unis I'm familiar with) there's a late submission penalty of 5% for each day that an assessment is overdue.

In this situation, I advise taking the hit. You need to be strategic; giving yourself that extra 24 hours will allow you to sober up, shower, eat etc and think more clearly.

I'd recommend taking ONE extra day, so if you can produce something that's a high 2:1 (67/68) you end up with a solid 2:1 (62/63). Alternatively, if you're someone who's usually capable of achieving good firsts, it's worth taking two days to get a mark of 75+ that will only come down to 65+.

Good luck!

Wow, that's generous.

I went to Birmingham Conservatoire and then Birmingham University and both just capped at 40% if you were even a minute late.
Solid A.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
LOL a 5000 word economics essay at Warwick. I assume this was his final year dissertation as the curriculum is basically mathematical.

First year. maybe I'm getting confused and it was politics or something.
8000 words! :frown: is this uni? it sounds tough! that would probably take me like 2 weeks to do
Honestly, the whole "heroics" about writing so many words on the last day is one of the naffest things to brag about.

You've had the same time as everyone else, if you leave it all to the end and just write a load of crap to get the words in, there's nothing big about it.

This is the kind of stuff that ends up leading to people saying "government lied to us about university" when they can't get a decent job afterwards.
we could write it online and everyone could contribute 100 words, quite why you leave it this late is a bit mind boggling.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Honestly, the whole "heroics" about writing so many words on the last day is one of the naffest things to brag about.

You've had the same time as everyone else, if you leave it all to the end and just write a load of crap to get the words in, there's nothing big about it.

This is the kind of stuff that ends up leading to people saying "government lied to us about university" when they can't get a decent job afterwards.

Look at me! I have idiotic time management skills!
When did your teacher announce about the essays? I bet, it's a week or two ago. As how I see it, no one can write 8 substantial essays in a day. It should have been one essay each day.
Original post by Ivann505
aite guys the time is currently 14:59 just woke up after having a heavy night out for my mate's Birthday... I was mean to do all the work last night but he dragged me out and now I'm stuck with a fat hangover. Can I make it?

I think you're going to struggle to be honest with you. There are definitely lessons to be learned from this one students!
Original post by Life_peer
Depends. Gender studies nonsense? Yeah, no problem. Physics? Definitely not.

Actually my physics dissertation was relatively short at 3378 words.

I had spent two semesters doing lots of lab work and filling in a lab book however. Writing the thing was relatively easy as I was basically just writing up what I had already done. Just had to transfer what was in my lab book to PC in a readable comprehensible form, mash up a lit review I had already mostly done in various bits and pieces, copy and paste in some graphs and results, write an analysis and conclusion. Job done :u:
I could....? I wouldn't want to, but I could.
He should be on 3000 words now and going strong..............

Lol 4000 now
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
You could hire 8 people to write one thousand words of the essay each.

Sounds legit:biggrin:
Original post by ByronicHero
Yes, but it won't be great. I once wrote three 2500 word essays that were due at 8.45 after coming home from clubbing in the early hours of the morning. They were truly awful, but it was better to get some marks than none. I think half of each essay was random long quotes I made tangentially relevant and lifted from one of five or six compendiums of theory I owned.

I had to go to the library and print them too and I remember that I couldn't make the printer work for about ten minutes because I was so tired :lol:

Why is it that even before seeing your name I just knew this was you? :tongue:
Reply 79
Original post by LiquidGold
Not saying that's not an achievement but it's hardly comparable - a university essay in history would require around 40 cited and referenced articles, doing that referencing alone would take almost the time it took you to write your essay lol

40 articles for one essay is a bit excessive. Maximum I've ever used for a uni history essay is 15, average tends to be 10, and I'm averaging a first.

Are you referring to a dissertation?

Latest

Trending

Trending