Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Why is your essay due on a Sunday
    All my essay deadlines are on Sundays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivann505)
    aite guys the time is currently 14:59 just woke up after having a heavy night out for my mate's Birthday... I was mean to do all the work last night but he dragged me out and now I'm stuck with a fat hangover. Can I make it?
    have you made any progress?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I typed in 8000 words in about a minute.

Anything is possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)

Anything is possible.

You are my hero! Anything is possible.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    You are my hero! Anything is possible.
    Thank you for believing in me, I won't let you down!

ReputationRep:
    OP is probably watching TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkSearle)
    I know someone who started an 5000 word essay at 10pm with it being due in the next morning. It was an economics essay at Warwick and they got a first.
    LOL a 5000 word economics essay at Warwick. I assume this was his final year dissertation as the curriculum is basically mathematical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatleysteg)
    OP I don't know about your uni, but at Warwick (and most unis I'm familiar with) there's a late submission penalty of 5% for each day that an assessment is overdue.

In this situation, I advise taking the hit. You need to be strategic; giving yourself that extra 24 hours will allow you to sober up, shower, eat etc and think more clearly.

I'd recommend taking ONE extra day, so if you can produce something that's a high 2:1 (67/68) you end up with a solid 2:1 (62/63). Alternatively, if you're someone who's usually capable of achieving good firsts, it's worth taking two days to get a mark of 75+ that will only come down to 65+.

Good luck!
    Wow, that's generous.

I went to Birmingham Conservatoire and then Birmingham University and both just capped at 40% if you were even a minute late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)

Anything is possible.
    Solid A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    LOL a 5000 word economics essay at Warwick. I assume this was his final year dissertation as the curriculum is basically mathematical.
    First year. maybe I'm getting confused and it was politics or something.

ReputationRep:
    8000 words! is this uni? it sounds tough! that would probably take me like 2 weeks to do

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, the whole "heroics" about writing so many words on the last day is one of the naffest things to brag about.

You've had the same time as everyone else, if you leave it all to the end and just write a load of crap to get the words in, there's nothing big about it.

This is the kind of stuff that ends up leading to people saying "government lied to us about university" when they can't get a decent job afterwards.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    we could write it online and everyone could contribute 100 words, quite why you leave it this late is a bit mind boggling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Honestly, the whole "heroics" about writing so many words on the last day is one of the naffest things to brag about.

You've had the same time as everyone else, if you leave it all to the end and just write a load of crap to get the words in, there's nothing big about it.

This is the kind of stuff that ends up leading to people saying "government lied to us about university" when they can't get a decent job afterwards.

Look at me! I have idiotic time management skills!

ReputationRep:
    When did your teacher announce about the essays? I bet, it's a week or two ago. As how I see it, no one can write 8 substantial essays in a day. It should have been one essay each day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivann505)
    aite guys the time is currently 14:59 just woke up after having a heavy night out for my mate's Birthday... I was mean to do all the work last night but he dragged me out and now I'm stuck with a fat hangover. Can I make it?
    I think you're going to struggle to be honest with you. There are definitely lessons to be learned from this one students!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Depends. Gender studies nonsense? Yeah, no problem. Physics? Definitely not.
    Actually my physics dissertation was relatively short at 3378 words.

I had spent two semesters doing lots of lab work and filling in a lab book however. Writing the thing was relatively easy as I was basically just writing up what I had already done. Just had to transfer what was in my lab book to PC in a readable comprehensible form, mash up a lit review I had already mostly done in various bits and pieces, copy and paste in some graphs and results, write an analysis and conclusion. Job done

ReputationRep:
    I could....? I wouldn't want to, but I could.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    He should be on 3000 words now and going strong..............

Lol 4000 now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    You could hire 8 people to write one thousand words of the essay each.
    Sounds legit

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.