The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

9mm
Do you know if the ICE society runs from October, or is it only from January/february?

I'd love to join the windsurfing society as well.

The ice hockey people? I'm pretty sure it's from October but not 100% sure.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
Onearmedbandit
The ice hockey people? I'm pretty sure it's from October but not 100% sure.

Sorry, yea ice hockey. I went on their website and it only speaks of january/february, but signing up for membership in October. :p:

Oh and is anyone here a member of the board riders society/know if they have a website? Can't seem to find it (either that or I'm not looking properly) sorry, cheers. :p:
Reply 62
If you want to know about Ice hockey try sending a PM to illusionofreality, she's involved in some aspect of running that next year I believe, so should be able to help you.

C-
Reply 63
Join Bongos!? everybody! It's awesome, definately the best society there is!! :biggrin:
mateyface
Join Bongos!? everybody! It's awesome, definately the best society there is!! :biggrin:

Nat??
Reply 65
Meg_Lili
If you want to know about Ice hockey try sending a PM to illusionofreality, she's involved in some aspect of running that next year I believe, so should be able to help you.

C-

oh right, ok thanks. :p: Btw, unrelated, but do you remember the first day you moved into AT, how did they assign you to rooms and with who? Was it just done there on the spot, depending on when and which order you arrived or had they assigned people to their rooms before that? It's something I've been meaning to ask them, so if you can't remember don't worry. :p:
Reply 66
Tbh, I don't really know how they assigned rooms. I'm guessing it wasn't on the spot, like starting with rooms on the bottom floor of a house then working up then the same again for each house as people arrived, cos my roommate didn't turn up till a few hours after me. Also I seem to remember that you turned up, told them your name/gave them the relevant forms and they already had an envelope with your name on it with some information about AT & JT and other stuff and your keys. So I think it may be pre assigned to an extent, but yeah, asking the accom people would probably be your best bet.

C-
Meg_Lili
Tbh, I don't really know how they assigned rooms. I'm guessing it wasn't on the spot, like starting with rooms on the bottom floor of a house then working up then the same again for each house as people arrived, cos my roommate didn't turn up till a few hours after me. Also I seem to remember that you turned up, told them your name/gave them the relevant forms and they already had an envelope with your name on it with some information about AT & JT and other stuff and your keys. So I think it may be pre assigned to an extent, but yeah, asking the accom people would probably be your best bet.

C-

Is that true that you have to pay the price for the single room till the day your rommate gets in, even if you actually reside in a twin room?
A close friend of mine told me she had to pay the price for the single room for the first few days last September.
Reply 68
Meg_Lili

C-

Thanks, ok I'll call them on monday. I really want room M2 :ninja: :p:
Reply 69
BetterThanYesterday
Is that true that you have to pay the price for the single room till the day your rommate gets in, even if you actually reside in a twin room?
A close friend of mine told me she had to pay the price for the single room for the first few days last September.

I've never heard of that, I must admit. I guess it could be the case if you opt to move in earlier than the official move in weekend, but I can't really see them doing that if you move in at the same time as everyone else. Besides, even if it were the case, if it was only for a few days, the price difference between single and shared rooms where I live is about £30 p/w, so you'd only end up paying an extra £15 max. Hypothetically.

I do remember reading that if you're in a shared room and your roommate moves out part way through the year, you have the option of either continuing to pay the shared price and they'll try to find someone else to take the place, or you can opt to pay the single room price and have the room to yourself for the rest of the year.

Anyway, this should probably be in the accomm. thread really.

C-

Latest

Trending

Trending