Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Beer man for me. But I do spirits too. I like to mix and match.

Tried Gin and Lemonade tasted like **** lol funny ****.
    May as well dig yourself an early grave and stomp on your liver. Drink is for fools.

If it was being introduced now it would fail clinical trials miserably, yet educated people continue to drink it.

Inb4 it's my liver
    Inb4 it has certain health benefits
    Inb4 I drink in moderation
    Inb4 comparisons to junk food

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    May as well dig yourself an early grave and stomp on your liver. Drink is for fools.

If it was being introduced now it would fail clinical trials miserably, yet educated people continue to drink it.

Inb4 it's my liver

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So is sugar, you lead a sugar-free life?

ReputationRep:
    Ice Fish get off your high horse lol. First music and now this. Do you enjoy anything fun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    A nice simple gin and tonic does me nicely. Also like flavoured vodka, Morgan's spiced rum, Malibu, Bailey's. Hate sambuca though.

I'm a social drinker anyway, probably why I'm more of a fan of spirits as I'm just looking for a quick way to get drunk when I need to. I never normally go into like a pub for a pint or anything. Just generally don't like the taste of beer, although cider can be nice.
    You also noticed the discontinuation Captain Morgans Original Spiced Rum? Heartbreaking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So is sugar, you lead a sugar-free life?
    That is covered in my comparisons to junk free section. Also sugar is needed to an extent, I try avoid more than the daily allowance yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    You also noticed the discontinuation Captain Morgans Original Spiced Rum? Heartbreaking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? Literally just bough a bottle from Sainsbury's last friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Ice Fish get off your high horse lol. First music and now this. Do you enjoy anything fun?
    Of course. One time I ate a snickers bar and had 2 spoons of sugar in my tea (on the same day)!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Inb4 it's my liver

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is covered in my comparisons to junk free section. Also sugar is needed to an extent, I try avoid more than the daily allowance yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well there is also a recommended allowance for alcohol, go look it up. Unless you regularly exceed that allowance you'll be alright, likewise with your consumption of sugar.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. One time I ate a snickers bar and had 2 spoons of sugar in my tea (on the same day)!!
    What a time to be alive :cool:

This country's attitude to alcohol is problem though tbh. I reckon probably 30-40% of the lads I know/grew up with have some sort of drink problem.

ReputationRep:
    Well there is also a recommended allowance for alcohol, go look it up. Unless you regularly exceed that allowance you'll be alright, likewise with your consumption of sugar.
    I am fully aware, but sugar also has health benefits (which you know in far greater detail than myself so we won't go into that) and is an essential part of the diet, whereas alcohol isn't. Also alcohol can lead to alcoholism and rape/domestic violence etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? Literally just bough a bottle from Sainsbury's last friday.
    Post a picture, I haven't seen one in a shop for months.

I dont mean spiced gold, I mean the original.

My drinking at uni has decreased due to this :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What a time to be alive :cool:

This country's attitude to alcohol is problem though tbh. I reckon probably 30-40% of the lads I know/grew up with have some sort of drink problem.
    Agree. It's an unnecessary burden on the NHS as well. Also leads to problems I have stated above. I feel it should be prohibited.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Prohibit fat people first tbh and this is 2/10 trolling from Flaccid Kock Loving Willies

ReputationRep:

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Trolling aside, this guy is like a parody of his own denial. Genuinely one of the most obviously gay footballers I have ever seen. FFS that posturing and skipping rope lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Agree. It's an unnecessary burden on the NHS as well. Also leads to problems I have stated above. I feel it should be prohibited.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kinda agree tbh. People who drink themselves dumb to waste scarce NHS resources isn't acceptable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Kinda agree tbh. People who drink themselves dumb to waste scarce NHS resources isn't acceptable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They also reduce the quality of healthcare due to overrun doctors, as my man Iso can testify to probably ( ) and extend waiting lists in A&E.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Prohibit fat people first tbh and this is 2/10 trolling from Flaccid Kock Loving Willies
    Explain to me how I'm trolling when I make statements backed up with scientific facts.

Agree with fat people but only those who don't actively seek to reduce their weight/ suffer from genetic disorders.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am fully aware, but sugar also has health benefits (which you know in far greater detail than myself so we won't go into that) and is an essential part of the diet, whereas alcohol isn't. Also alcohol can lead to alcoholism and rape/domestic violence etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm talking about refined added sugar though...not some complex carbohydrate that eventually metabolises to a key bodily fuel. It's not essential, why do we need to add sugar to things? Is that how people used to eat many many years ago?

Red wine in moderation has more health benefits than refined sugar.

Alcoholism can lead to rape/domestic violence if not consumed responsibily...in the same way sugar can lead to diabetes and obesity, and a whole range of health problems which if you knew cause more deaths in the world than alcohol related deaths.

ReputationRep:
    I will always go for beer -- lager and then bitter/draught. Cider if it's summer.

I also like the amount you 'drink' with beer, you can drink loads and be reasonably sound. Plus the taste is better anyway.
    Standard summer-winter set up. I think people who say they don't like beer just need to commit tbh. I know a number of people who just forced themselves for a holiday or something and it changed their mind. I think for many its an acquired taste. I do like how you can drink over a longer period though, cider in summer is a classic. If there is football like England or something on that evening, having drinks over 4-5 hours building up is so much nicer.

Went to Croatia a couple of years back, beer there was cheaper than water. You'd pay more for 250ml of bottled water with a meal than a 600ml odd of beer. Wasn't great quality but was local.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.