Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turkish 89)
    I sent my application on wednesday and unfortunately Rouethampton uni rejected me :-( greenwhich and bucks asked me to send my passport photocopies . Is it a good sign or not .feeling stressful :-(
    Sorry to hear were rejected but one rejection doesn't mean you won't be getting offers so stay positive!
    If you weren't born in the UK some unis ask for passport photocopies from applicants as a standard part of processing the application - I have a friend who lives in the UK but was born in South Africa and so had to send her passport details to Durham uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turkish 89)
    I sent my application on wednesday and unfortunately Rouethampton uni rejected me :-( greenwhich and bucks asked me to send my passport photocopies . Is it a good sign or not .feeling stressful :-(
    Sometimes unis just need proof about some things. Like one of the unis that I applied to wanted copies of my A-level certificates (I applied post-Alevel) and within two days of sending them off, I got an offer. So no, it's definitely not a bad sign!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spaldingas)
    Unconditional for history and archaeology at Southampton, which I have accepted
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Submitted today, a bit late I know but its in now. English Lit & History at Goldsmiths, Herts, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, and Westminster.

ReputationRep:
    Mine went through on the 15th December and I applied for Zoology at reading, Cardiff, Nottingham Trent and Bangor.

I got conditional offers for Zoology and Zoology with conservation at Bangor on Tuesday and for both they wanted DMM so I decided as it's my first choice university I decided to withdraw the other choices and firm zoology with conservation and have zoology on its own as my insurance choice.

I hope I didn't make a bad decision doing this but I just felt like the other universities would definitely want more grades from me and I just wanted to get UCAs out the way so I can focus on my course so I make sure I meet the conditions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mants)
    Have everything ready, but still need to decide on the 5th choice and to get some more help on my statement.

Choices:

Aeronautic/Aerospace engineering:

Glasgow
    Southampton

Mechanical engineering:

Edinburgh
    Leeds
    Sheffield/Surrey (Can't decide between the two)
    Aeronautical engineering at Glasgow looks very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Sent off UCAS on Monday and have had an offer from Coventry, the other four are still pending.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for aeronautical engineering at glasgow uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alison_)
    Anyone heard from the University of Aberdeen yet?!
    Nope. I applied to do accounting and German at aberdeen on 17th December and havent heard from them apart from the standard letter.
    Apparently they don't give out most offers until after 15th January??

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Leeds, Lancaster, Leicester and UEA.
    Withdrew from Leicester because I decided I didn't like the course.
    Have received offers from Leeds (BSc Sustainability and Environmental Management), Lancaster (BSc Environmental Change and Sustainable Development) and have received an interview for UEA (BSc Environmental Geography and International Development).

ReputationRep:
    Recieved an offer from UWE last week, and an Applicant Day date from Leeds today. (All Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering).

My application was recieved by UCAS on the 19th December. My other choices are still under consideration.

ReputationRep:
    Great. I too have applied for Law. Got four already. Now waiting for the last one.My choices:

Edinburgh
    Leeds
    Southampton
    Liverpool
    LSE (waiting)

ReputationRep:
    Just sent off my application for mental health nursing East Anglia, Southampton, York, Kings College London, Cardiff. Really nervous....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahmcd)
    Nope. I applied to do accounting and German at aberdeen on 17th December and havent heard from them apart from the standard letter.
    Apparently they don't give out most offers until after 15th January??

Ahhh thats okay then, me either, sent mine on the 10th December and I've only got the standard letter too.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Law to Oxford, Nott, UCL, KCL and LSE. (International, already have my grades).

Received offers from all bar LSE, which I'm still waiting for. Probably going to firm Oxford!

ReputationRep:
    My application was sent off on Friday. I've applied to West London and Hertfordshire for Music Composition

How long did it take you to get offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wamyamy)
    My application was sent off on Friday. I've applied to West London and Hertfordshire for Music Composition

How long did it take you to get offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3-4 weeks, can't remember exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VikingLemon)
    I've applied for:
    UCL: Archaeology with a Year Abroad
    Viking Studies
    Glasgow: Archaeology & Celtic Civ
    York: Historical Archaeology
    Nottingham: Viking Studies

Have (unconditional) offers from all bar UCL Archaeology course (4/5) but I do have avisit day for this course next week after which I'll get a decision.

Viking studies have some pretty damn high entry requirements.

You're the only person I know applying for it, I think you'll get in even if you don't get 1 of the grades..

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for aston, Newman, bcu, Worcester and Wolverhampton, I've got conditionals from bcu and Worcester and an interview for Wolverhampton, all pretty sciencey subjects, aston keeps sending me emails with nothing in though :/

ReputationRep:
    Ive just heard from BCU and Worcester on the 10th of Jan and i have interviews but ive not heard back from Staffordshire and Wolverhampton

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.