Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sword attack in Swedish school. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    Attachment 470935
    I guess I'm pretty random...
    I see. So this is about the colour of your skin?

;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    I see. So this is about the colour of your skin?

;-)
    Name:  1239018_620757337974635_1526983332_n.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  11.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Horrible incident.

Picture of the attacker has been released:

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/stat...73969833992192
    Well that's not really helpful but we know he's not black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    What will you give me if he does end up being from an Islamic background?
    Errr, give you? Well I won't give you anything. If it turns out he's a Muslim then that'll be a bummer because then the Islamophobes will have 0.00001% more proof to validate their hate.

ReputationRep:
    Kylo Ren.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    Well that's not really helpful but we know he's not black.
    It would be rather useful. As someone on twitter pointed out, he appears to be wearing a WWII German stahlhelm (helmet). WWII German memorabilia seems to be rather popular among those with far right sympathies.

ReputationRep:
    Its been reported that he has far right sympathies. If that is true, do we label him a terrorist? Or, because a lot of people are reluctant to label someone they may identify with (skin colour, ethnicity, whatever) a terrorist, do we simply label him mad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    It would be rather useful. As someone on twitter pointed out, he appears to be wearing a WWII German stahlhelm (helmet). WWII German memorabilia seems to be rather popular among those with far right sympathies.
    I know what I'm gonna say sounds rather silly but it still could be a non white person who wears that because he's a little bit crazy, I mean, he did do a sword attack on a school.

ReputationRep:
    Its been reported that he has far right sympathies. If that is true, do we label him a terrorist? Or, because a lot of people are reluctant to label someone they may identify with (skin colour, ethnicity, whatever) a terrorist, do we simply label him mad?
    Or possibly both. A mad terrorist.

ReputationRep:
    I know what I'm gonna say sounds rather silly but it still could be a non white person who wears that .
    A non-white person who has a white neck? Could it be a zebra?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    A non-white person who has a white neck? Could it be a zebra?
    Could be a very light skinned asian, trust me I've seen a few. Google Sami Zayn.

I couldn't really make out the shade of that neck due to the shade/ everything.

ReputationRep:
    Could be a very light skinned asian, trust me I've seen a few. Google Sami Zayn.

I couldn't really make out the shade of that neck due to the shade/ everything.
    It doesn't seem likely, does it?

It seems that the photo was taken when he posed with pupils in the school before commencing the slaughter:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34602621

Astonishing.

ReputationRep:
    RIP

He looks white to me btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    It doesn't seem likely, does it?

It seems that the photo was taken when he posed with pupils in the school before commencing the slaughter:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34602621

Astonishing.
    -_-

Well I haven't seen that picture have I? All I've seen is the one the guy guy posted which was just a headshot where he had his helmet on and cos of the shade couldn't see his eyes. Don't need to be a douche.

Thank you anyway, this should keep the racists mouths shut.

ReputationRep:
    But if he wasn't a Muslim (not saying he is, don't even think he is). No one will even bat an eye on the story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    But if he wasn't a Muslim (not saying he is, don't even think he is). No one will even bat an eye on the story
    Kind of like how nobody cared about that Anders Brevik guy because they weren't muslim.

ReputationRep:
    holy ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    Kind of like how nobody cared about that Anders Brevik guy because they weren't muslim.
    Rekt

ReputationRep:
    White, black, asian, pacific islander, mixed race. You know the races of people who have 2 arms and can use a sword?

Goes with all religion and atheism as well.
    I always laugh at how people lump "atheism" in with all the other religions, as if refusing to join your club puts you into a club of your own.

ReputationRep:
    People are terrorists whether you identify with them or not.

If this guy was far-right then he was a terrorist, just like Anders Breivik was a terrorist.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.