Can we have a ban on muslim threads? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badman Pingu)
    Its only on TSR, it aint a violation of your right to free speech you cnts
    Let's apply the same logic to the opposite view:

"It's only on TSR; Why are you so annoyed by a few words?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    You can ask me to read up on it and I can decide whether I want to or not. That's my freedom of choice.

I choose not to.

I have not forced you to read or participate in any thread on TSR. You choose to do that. You choose to label people idiots and morons. You also choose whether to be insulted or not. Your choice now, is whether to reply to me or not and if you do, the words you use are entirely your choice.

I recommend you go and have a nice cup of tea - after all, it's part of British culture. You don't have to of course, that's also your choice.
    Well if you dont want to read it then dont bother having an argument because i addressed everything you said before.

Im not insulted, im british and im not muslim, funnily enough and i dont see where muslims are threatening our culture. I label the trolls who insult other peoples culture and beliefs as idiots and morons.

I did just have a cup of tea lol

ReputationRep:
    Saying that all muslims are evil and terrorists is only something said by idiots who have no idea about anything. these threads have no reason to exists.

Threads that say Islam is a oppressive society and something needs to be done is a perfectly fine conversation to have, we need these conversations.

if you want to join in with a discussion feel free to join in, if you don't then don't come to the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Saying that all muslims are evil and terrorists is only something said by idiots who have no idea about anything. these threads have no reason to exists.

Threads that say Islam is a oppressive society and something needs to be done is a perfectly fine conversation to have, we need these conversations.

if you want to join in with a discussion feel free to join in, if you don't then don't come to the thread
    Yes the conversation has been done multiple times and we have established that Islam is oppressive, violent etc etc and people have grown tired of arguing back. There's no point repeating it again and again as it is meaningless and is going to upset muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkvibes)
    Yes the conversation has been done multiple times and we have established that Islam is oppressive, violent etc etc and people have grown tired of arguing back. There's no point repeating it again and again as it is meaningless and is going to upset muslims
    I really don't care if it upsets muslims or anyone, if they are upset by truth then they should do something to stop it and stop defending it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    I really don't care if it upsets muslims or anyone, if they are upset by truth then they should do something to stop it and stop defending it
    You missed my main point. Its meaningless

ReputationRep:
    I agree, all these idiots do is say the same thing, along the lines of 'islam is an oppressive and backward ideology' and quoting of the Qu'ran. When it is so repeated, one can only conclude they have hatred for the religion. It's ridiculous because arguing about it is so pointless when no one is bothered to argue back properly at these morons.

Most of these idiots adopt a sarcastic and patronising tone, which means arguing with them is like arguing against a wall. They're not prepared to accept a counter argument or just mock them
    Perhaps because there's a lack of counter-arguments?
    This just makes it non-applicable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Perhaps because there's a lack of counter-arguments?
    This just makes it non-applicable.
    There is but it is often mocked, insulted or dismissed even if it is valid and people get tired of arguing

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and while you're at it let's ban democracy and freedom of speech!

:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badman Pingu)
    Besides, that isnt a suitable response for my statement you thick meaningless cnt
    Stating an opinion doesn't necessarily mean it's fact. Try again.

I'd also like to ban religion as a whole but just like this it's not going to happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    I'd also like to ban religion as a whole but just like this it's not going to happen
    Why would you ban religion as a whole ?

ReputationRep:
    So... we're going to build a wall around muslim threads?

Who is going to pay for it? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Can we have a ban on people who want to ban muslim threads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    So... we're going to build a wall around muslim threads?

Who is going to pay for it? :eek:
    The Mexicans, obviously. It can be slipped in to their large wall-building budget.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4018915

Threads like this what i am talking about.
    Where yiu can so freely post lies and no one batters an eyelid.
    And whats worse people think its true

ReputationRep:
    I think it is obvious that the islamophobes here cannot accept that muslims dont religiously preach the violence in Islam and dont believe in violence, even if they follow an ideology that does. So what exactly is necessary for discussion?
    Apart from the ones who explicitly condone stoning adulterers, killing apostates, slavery, domestic violence.

And, if you believe in and support an ideology that promotes violence, then you are complicit in any violence that does arise from the ideology.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is these bigots say it isn't islamophobic even though it is
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Yes, it is. Sadly people will believe anything, even if the truth hits them on the head with a shovel.
    Is criticising or condemning an ideology that promotes slavery, sex with slaves, domestic violence, gender discrimination, religious oppression and the killing of innocent people, "Islamophobic"?

If it is, can you explain why you see Islamophobia as a bad thing?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame that such comparison can even be made in the modern world we live in today.
    It is indeed.
    To even consider comparing the treatment of Jews in the 30s to the treatment of Muslims in Britain today is one of the most crass, ignorant and unsupportable statements I have seen on here (And let me tell you, I've seen some belters!), and displays a lack of understanding of the issues that is truly breathtaking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I think the solution is to ignore trolls and have constructive debates with serious posters. Some posters want to learn and grow, while some other people are just there to spoil the party.
    You mean, "only debate with people who agree with you"?
    That's what happens already. Most Muslim apologists on TSR cannot construct a rational argument in defence of the unacceptable elements of Islamic ideology. That's why they all retreat to the safe space of ISOC, where the constant plattitudes and misrepresentations can go unchallenged.

A very intellectually healthy situation, I'm sure you will agree.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.