The Student Room Group

Muslim British Male Teen AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by thefreakoffreaks
You're misinterpreting this. Read this http://islamqa.info/en/1244
No. That only applies to those who are not aware of Islam. The many billions of people who have heard of it and rejected it - either because they see no evidence to support it or they were unlucky enough to have been born into a different religion - they will all be tortured for ever. The majority of those people will have lived good lives. All those doctors, nurses, teachers, midwives, paramedics, carers, charity volunteers, etc, etc. Many of whose only "sin" was to not think that Islam was the one true religion.

Is that really good enough cause to torture them for ever? Have you read the descriptions in the Quran? The suffering is specifically designed to be unbearable and endless. What's more, those in paradise will be looking down and laughing at them! To me, anyone who can laugh at the suffering of another human is more deserving of hell.
Original post by Anonynmous
What's your view on Sharon law?

Alrite Sharon?
Reply 102
Original post by m-hussain
Sorry i meant to say there arent any that make me feel uncomfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile
So are you comfortable with being allowed to take and keep slaves? (And having sex with the female ones?)
Are you comfortable with being allowed to beat your wife if you fear that she may be disobedient?
Are you comfortable with the endless torture of people who have committed no crime or hurt anyone?
Are you comfortable with people laughing at their suffering?

I guess you must be.
Original post by QE2
No. That only applies to those who are not aware of Islam. The many billions of people who have heard of it and rejected it - either because they see no evidence to support it or they were unlucky enough to have been born into a different religion - they will all be tortured for ever. The majority of those people will have lived good lives. All those doctors, nurses, teachers, midwives, paramedics, carers, charity volunteers, etc, etc. Many of whose only "sin" was to not think that Islam was the one true religion.

Is that really good enough cause to torture them for ever? Have you read the descriptions in the Quran? The suffering is specifically designed to be unbearable and endless. What's more, those in paradise will be looking down and laughing at them! To me, anyone who can laugh at the suffering of another human is more deserving of hell.

LOOOL, did you even read it completely? It doesn't only regard the people who have no clue about islam. It also concerns those who had misconceptions and have heard the message of Islam incorrectly. Ultimately, it's stating that we have no right to determine everyone's fate, please STOP assuming. God would make the final judgement as 'He knows what is in every heart' (Q:76:13

'Those in paradise will be looking down and laughing' ?? How do i reply to this....
Reply 104
Please be nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you like to be a Christian?
Oh Shariah Law....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are not the same thing.
LOOOL, did you even read it completely? It doesn't only regard the people who have no clue about islam. It also concerns those who had misconceptions and have heard the message of Islam incorrectly. Ultimately, it's stating that we have no right to determine everyone's fate, please STOP assuming. God would make the final judgement as 'He knows what is in every heart' (Q:76:13

'Those in paradise will be looking down and laughing' ?? How do i reply to this....

I think you need to read your scriptures properly, the bit about laughing at those in hell is in the Quran: Surat al-Mutaffifin.
Reply 107
Original post by O.Ozz
Would you like to be a Christian?

Define christian

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Define christian

Posted from TSR Mobile

Defining it would mean i will convert you to it which is wrong.

Christians are just like muslims, we believe that God exists in three persons—the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. (In fact im not going to say something that may cause offense, continue on what your doing :smile:)
Christians are not just like muslims......it is teally different....trust me.....we believe there is one god....our prophet is Muhammad who was the last for all of mankind.....prophets came before him but they were for their own people....we believe in the day of judgement ......we believe the quran is the word of god....we believe the bible has been changed over the years and that the quran has never changed and wont. (Sorry no offence in anything im saying)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Christians also believe in one God...
Original post by Lady Comstock
Alrite Sharon?

Fookin iraqi law, dey want to put der muslamic ray guns upon us.
Oh Shariah Law....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sharon, Shariah same thing
Reply 112
LOOOL, did you even read it completely? It doesn't only regard the people who have no clue about islam. It also concerns those who had misconceptions and have heard the message of Islam incorrectly.
Yes I did. And it appears that only one of us understood it. I said...
That only applies to those who are not aware of Islam.
That includes those who have never heard of it, are too old (?), mentally ill, who were given an incorrect interpretation, etc.
BTW, bearing in mind the arguments over the correct interpretation, it would seem that many people who have been told about Islam could still claim to be "unaware" of it.

Ultimately, it's stating that we have no right to determine everyone's fate, please STOP assuming. God would make the final judgement as 'He knows what is in every heart' (Q:76:13
But it also says (seemingly on every other page) that disbelievers will go to hell.

Perhaps by reading the Quran? 83:34-36 would be a good place to start.
Original post by The Epicurean
I agree. Hence I am no longer a Christian.

That is debatable. You can refer to my previous debate with a Jehovah Witness on TSR where I make the claim that there are verses within the Bible that can be used to support the Trinity. It quite a lot to read through

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2949427&page=3&p=53516415#post53516415

I am still waiting for a response from the member Alter2Ego. Feel free to respond if you wish.

Ariunism was based upon the teachings of Arius who was born in 250AD. However, I have provided textual support (prior to 250AD) for a verse that can be interpreted as supporting the Trinitarian belief.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2949427&page=5&p=54494675#post54494675

I am by no means an expert on this. I came across the Arian controversy reading an absolutely marvellous (long) chapter on the subject in Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire which I recommend to you and everyone else to read if you haven't. It is an utterly compelling narrative and he writes like a dream. A long dead dispute (but utterly vicious) comes alive on the page and it was a close run thing whether Unitarianism or Trinitarianism would become the dominant orthodoxy for Christendom. And of course this was many centuries before the Great Schism let alone the Reformation.

It made me very sceptical about the whole concept of the Holy Trinity , but then as a lapsed Christian I am sceptical about all of Christian belief! :smile:

Fraid I haven't got the time or inclination to delve deeper into this issue, I don't really care that much one way of the other to be fair. But read the Gibbon Chapter if you haven't already. You will love it...
Reply 114
Original post by EdmundWoodstock
Christians also believe in one God...

And the rest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Original post by Al-farhan
In these corners there are some whose only job is to whine, whinge and turn that into a form of debate and discussion.
And there are some who evade, misinform and obfuscate, and try to avoid genuine debate and discussion.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 116
Original post by Achaea
By worshipping the vile sadistic creature who invented them? LOL, no thanks :teehee:

Can you answer my questions from earlier in the thread? About Muslim men being allowed to hit their disobedient wives and so on?

As a matter of fact yes they can, but do you know what with?

A blade of grass, I don't know the last time you tried to beat someone with a blade of grass but it is pretty damn impossible, you must look at the people the Qur'an was revealed to, the Arabs at that time (just like most of the world) would beat their wives brutally. To tell them they couldn't beat their wives would have caused rebellion, so Allah (swt) being the greatest of planners, revealed it in a way that was so clever. It permitted them to beat their wives (as not to cause rebellion) however only with a blade of grass (which we all know to be impossible). Then the most beautiful line came saying but surely it is better for you to forgive, do you see now that the Qur'an does not permit the brutal beating of wives which in that time would have saved the lives of many women. Also I suggest you look at the rights of a wife over her husband.
Original post by szfh
As a matter of fact yes they can, but do you know what with?

A blade of grass, I don't know the last time you tried to beat someone with a blade of grass but it is pretty damn impossible, you must look at the people the Qur'an was revealed to, the Arabs at that time (just like most of the world) would beat their wives brutally. To tell them they couldn't beat their wives would have caused rebellion, so Allah (swt) being the greatest of planners, revealed it in a way that was so clever. It permitted them to beat their wives (as not to cause rebellion) however only with a blade of grass (which we all know to be impossible). Then the most beautiful line came saying but surely it is better for you to forgive, do you see now that the Qur'an does not permit the brutal beating of wives which in that time would have saved the lives of many women. Also I suggest you look at the rights of a wife over her husband.

Oh, don't be absurd. Please don't tell me you believe this nonsense you've just posted. The quran uses the word 'strike' to describe what men can do to their wives, which implies considerable force. Some apologists pretend it's only a twig or a stick which men are allowed to use (and you can do someone a lot of damage with a stick), but there is no justification whatsoever to claim that it's a 'blade of grass'! Good grief. Who on earth has told you these ridiculous lies?

If allah can manage to ban the consumption of pork and alcohol, and polytheism, outright, but can't manage to forbid the keeping of slaves, and for men to beat their wives, then your god is stupid.

The rights of a wife over her husband. OK. So if I'm a Muslim woman and my husband disobeys me, where does allah say I have the right to strike him to bring him back into line?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 118
Original post by Achaea
Oh, don't be absurd. Please don't tell me you believe this nonsense you've just posted. The quran uses the word 'strike' to describe what men can do to their wives, which implies considerable force. Some apologists pretend it's only a twig or a stick which men are allowed to use (and you can do someone a lot of damage with a stick), but there is no justification whatsoever to claim that it's a 'blade of grass'! Good grief. Who on earth has told you these ridiculous lies?

If allah can manage to ban the consumption of pork and alcohol, and polytheism, outright, but can't manage to forbid the keeping of slaves, and for men to beat their wives, then your god is stupid.

The rights of a wife over her husband. OK. So if I'm a Muslim woman and my husband disobeys me, where does allah say I have the right to strike him to bring him back into line?

When alcohol was forbidden it was not forbidden outright, it was gradually being decreased to being completely forbidden.
I suggest you actually research rather than just make assumptions about things that you have heard. With reference to 'your god is stupid' I'd appreciate if you would be a bit more respectful to the beliefs of another.
Original post by szfh
When alcohol was forbidden it was not forbidden outright, it was gradually being decreased to being completely forbidden.
I suggest you actually research rather than just make assumptions about things that you have heard. With reference to 'your god is stupid' I'd appreciate if you would be a bit more respectful to the beliefs of another.

Evidence from the quran for your claim that a 'blade of grass' is meant, please. You'll be able to provide it, of course, from the extensive research you've done. In fact, here is verse 4.34 of the quran:

http://quran.com/4/34

"Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand."
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending