Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    That's certainly better than my first attempt at cookies all the way back in year 8/9. Good work. Hope they were tasty. :drool:
    Does that mean you're an expert cookie maker now?!
    Thank you! They're lush, I had two with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Diabeeeeeetus incoming. ;_;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Apologies for the late reply :lol:

I think may help to discuss all of these issues with your parents :yes: Pressure isn't good for anyone.

Are they particularly strict or would they be willing to compromise?
    It's okay, you're free to reply whenever.

They're rather liberal in some aspects and illiberal in others. I've discussed the marriage pressure with them. They're not keen on marrying me off right now - they're waiting for me to graduate with my BA and eventually do a masters. They're also very encouraging about me finding a partner for myself.
    It's just all the gossipy aunts/relatives/grandmas who won't shut up about it!
    I will eventually discuss the religion thing once the time comes. I mean, they're gonna start to suspect something's up when I keep saying no to all the suitors. Whoops.

(Original post by Mochassassin)
    Does that mean you're an expert cookie maker now?!
    No, because that was the one and only time I attempted cookie-making. :lol: Wish I was, though.

Thank you! They're lush, I had two with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Diabeeeeeetus incoming. ;_;
    I bet you're not even sorry. :sogood: :coma:

ReputationRep:
    No, because that was the one and only time I attempted cookie-making. :lol: Wish I was, though.

I bet you're not even sorry. :sogood: :coma:
    Awwww, no, don't be disheartened! I followed Laura Vitale's recipe from YouTube - definitely worth trying and it doesn't even take long.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's okay, you're free to reply whenever.

They're rather liberal in some aspects and illiberal in others. I've discussed the marriage pressure with them. They're not keen on marrying me off right now - they're waiting for me to graduate with my BA and eventually do a masters. They're also very encouraging about me finding a partner for myself.
    Sounds pretty reasonable to me

It's just all the gossipy aunts/relatives/grandmas who won't shut up about it!
    Such is human nature :lol:

I will eventually discuss the religion thing once the time comes. I mean, they're gonna start to suspect something's up when I keep saying no to all the suitors. Whoops.
    Religion isn't really my thing either :five: And my family doesn't really care, which is certainly a good thing

Hope it turns out well :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Religion isn't really my thing either :five: And my family doesn't really care, which is certainly a good thing

Hope it turns out well :hugs:
    :five:
    Wow, that's great! Must be such a relief.
    And thank you, but I already know how it's gonna turn out in my head. :ashamed2:

Awwww, no, don't be disheartened! I followed Laura Vitale's recipe from YouTube - definitely worth trying and it doesn't even take long.
    Nah, learning to cook can wait until yooni. Ready-made cookies it is, until then!

And thank you, but I already know how it's gonna turn out in my head. :ashamed2:
    Join the club. :moon:

Oh wait, you already have.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    :five:
    Wow, that's great! Must be such a relief.

Join the club. :moon:

Oh wait, you already have.
    We're all gonna make it :grouphugs:

We're all gonna make it :grouphugs:
    PRSOM. :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:

Wow... Time to re-evaluate you. :rofl:
    Excuse me, don't think I missed this sneaky edit from 50-something minutes ago. :unimpressed: :lol:

Excuse me, don't think I missed this sneaky edit from 50-something minutes ago. :unimpressed: :lol:
    In my defence, you weren't supposed to see that. :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    In my defence, you weren't supposed to see that. :innocent:
    *throws defence out of the window*
    You were saying?

*throws defence out of the window*
    You were saying?
    You look wonderful today.

ReputationRep:
    You look wonderful today.
    Aw, that's so cuuuu- no.
    Lol jk, thanks. :ahee:

Aw, that's so cuuuu- no.
    Lol jk, thanks. :ahee:
    I've still got it. :smug:

(You're welcome. )

ReputationRep:
    Wuuuut, I swear we are the same person?! My dad goes to Bangladesh every couple of months too! And he brings back my grandma's achar, pithas, lots and lots of eggplant/deshi limes, etc. :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Mr Naga is just bae. :daydreaming:
    Hahaha that's just how we all roll it seems :p:

Deshi limes are actually the best. Fresh naga is amazing too! Even the smell is potent, I always used to wonder as a young child why my Mum used to get giddy over things coming over but now I understand

ReputationRep:
    First time I've been tagged in anything

I shall keep track of this as much as I can! It's a good way to let stuff out though

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Totally didnt clock the updates!!

Will check it out when im less inebriated. Tag me in the next post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Totally didnt clock the updates!!

Will check it out when im less inebriated. Tag me in the next post
    It's cool, no worries. I'm leaving the site forever so no more blog posts. Thanks for reading though, much appreciated.*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.