The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alfissti
I support Israel's right to self defence. I support them whatever it takes and that includes wiping Gaza off the face of the map.

Why don't you support the right of the Palestinians to self defence including wiping Israel off the map?

Double standards is it darling?
Hamas should stop rocket attacks from Gaza and initiate in Guerilla Warfare against Israeli troops in the West Bank and illegal settlers.
Original post by MASTER265
If Gaza stopped rocket fire the attacks will cease to exist and so Hamas has the defining move which could save lives yet they value their egotistical and political motives over anything else. If anyone doubts Hamas is a terrorist organisation they are idiots and so I side with Israel because terrorists such as these are sick and need to be eradicated by any means possible.

You must also not forget around 83% of the deaths were militant fighters so not an all bad figure.

what?!!!!!!! where do you get your information? out of the roughly 600 killed, MOST are innocent civilians, women, children.
Original post by Acidy
People need to remember; terrorist organisations contribute nothing to society apart from immorality and destruction. It was the removal of this basis that is the current catalyst for the ongoing war.

For all you smug TSR users who feel supporting Gaza is the right option. I hope you feel right that you support a terrorist organisation. "But, deep, israel r like killing civilians" This is partly true and must be considered only within it's truest context. Israel do not want to purposely kill civilians, this is why they warn them to evacuate their houses. Unfortunately the nature of war isn't selective. Israel have made the effort to ask palestinians to evacuate, the rest is up to them.

There primary goal is to remove Hammas, an organisation which bombards Israel consistently. As I said, Palestinians contribute nothing. Islam, contributes nothing. If it were my choice I would be done with religion altogether, yet this is the result.

If you look at video evidence, civilians (often living in multistoried buildings) are given a ~60 second warning. Clearly enough time to wake your son, grab your infant daughter and help your elderly mother down the stairs. Not to mention becoming homeless even if you and your family escape.

Death to Israel
Objectively speaking f*** America
Both sides have caused attrocities.
I see on the Telegraph John Kerry flies in to demand Gaza ceasfire, letting slip his frustration with the ferocity of Israels air and ground attacks.
I wonder what Americas response would be to hundreds of rocket and terror attacks from Mexico on the their citizens living in Texas and California? Attacks that had been ongoing for years with no end in sight?
I wonder what John Kerry would say about that?
I'm on the side of peace.
Not only have Israel accepted ridiculously high civilian losses in Gaza s par for the course, they have bombed a hospital which is a clear breach of the Geneva Convention. Israel are committing war crimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A country has the right to defend itself when it is being fired upon and to say otherwise would create a dangerous precedent. Civilian casualties will be difficult to hold down for as long as Hamas use human shields, and conflict will be inevitable for as long as Hamas are firing rockets into Israeli borders. You can argue that the Palestinian people are innocent bystanders in this conflict and you could well be correct, but Hamas are getting an easy ride for a group that started the conflict on this occasion. The approach of Israel appears to be heavy handed, but it is still a response to a legitimate security threat. Some commentators appear to be suggesting that Israel should just allow rockets to be fired at them without response.
Original post by Inzamam99
No one claims ISIS, TTP and the Afghan Taliban to be liberal humanistic groups whereas Israel is the only developed country in the world which oppresses an entire people under a system of discrimination and abuse whilst claiming to be a liberal democracy.

Can you name another liberal democracy which herds people Warsaw Ghetto style and then bombards them every few years?

It is fairly clear from neutral sources such as almost every human rights organisation and the United Nations who the aggressor and the victims are in the conflict. And the complicity of Israel in murdering innocents purposefully and using human shields.

Comparing the "Gaza Strip" to the Warsaw Ghetto is ridiculous. Did the Jews in the Ghetto fire hundreds of rockets at the Germans ? I don't think so. The inhabitants of the "Gaza Strip" need to get rid of Hamas, organise some decent politicians and negotiate a sensible future with the Israelis.
Original post by the bear
yes my friend you have seen through the lies

:israel:
Don't mistake it as a ringing endorsement. I agree that Israel has the right to defend itself but I don't see much in the way of them trying to break the cycle during peace time.
Original post by Llamageddon
Don't mistake it as a ringing endorsement. I agree that Israel has the right to defend itself but I don't see much in the way of them trying to break the cycle during peace time.

Unfortunately there has not been peace in Israel since her formation in 1948. The Israelis have lived with hostility and aggression from her neighbours ever since.
Original post by MASTER265
If Gaza stopped rocket fire the attacks will cease to exist and so Hamas has the defining move which could save lives yet they value their egotistical and political motives over anything else. If anyone doubts Hamas is a terrorist organisation they are idiots and so I side with Israel because terrorists such as these are sick and need to be eradicated by any means possible.

You must also not forget around 83% of the deaths were militant fighters so not an all bad figure.

1. I disagree with Hamas, I don't like how they use suicide bombers etc. But these men are usually fueled by the fact that their families, or friends, or both, have been murdered. They've been run out of their land and treated as sub-human. A lot of them faced trauma, lack of food, water and electricity. They are indigenous and indignant. You and I can't fathom their motives. As I said, I disagree with them and their tactics - but the strong cycle of hatred that's within the conflict motivates both parties, Hamas does not have uncalled for motives unfortunately.

2. You have your figures mistaken, it's the other way around. Around 80% of casualties are civilians. A very bad figure.
Comparing the "Gaza Strip" to the Warsaw Ghetto is ridiculous. Did the Jews in the Ghetto fire hundreds of rockets at the Germans ? I don't think so. The inhabitants of the "Gaza Strip" need to get rid of Hamas, organise some decent politicians and negotiate a sensible future with the Israelis.

Yes they did. Ever heard of the Jewish resistance or the Warsaw Ghetto uprising?

And they were entitled to.
The only thing Israel does 'wrong' is responding to attacks in which their attackers immerse themselves in civilians. Now, if we were fighting in a foreign country, I can understand simply walking away, but who does anything think they're kidding that Israel is simply going to ignore rocket attacks on their land? The most important thing a country needs to have, especially as one surrounded by enemies, is confidence in it's own people that it will do something.

Israel doesn't break ceasefires. Indeed in the 2008 there were still rockets flying in, yet when Israel kills someone people say that's the ceasefire broken. That's bull****.
Original post by Inzamam99
Yes they did. Ever heard of the Jewish resistance or the Warsaw Ghetto uprising?

And they were entitled to.

The brave Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto fought to the death with sticks and stones. You are claiming that they used rockets against the Germans ?
Israel the way forward for humanity.

Not the terrorists out to destroy in order to sculpt a society based on their backward morally decayed ways.
Neither.
Both are arrogant, completely oblivious to the other side's arguments and willingly causing the deaths of the innocent.
One side bombs hospitals, the other side fires on Red Cross ambulances and reporters.
A pox on both their houses. Neither get sympathy from me.
The brave Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto fought to the death with sticks and stones. You are claiming that they used rockets against the Germans ?

"Shortly before the uprising, Polish-Jewish historian Emanuel Ringelblum (who managed to escape from the Warsaw Ghetto, but was later discovered and executed in 1944) visited a ŻZW armoury hidden in the basement at 7 Muranowska Street. In his notes, which form part of Oyneg Shabbos archives, he reported: "They were armed with revolvers stuck in their belts. Different kinds of weapons were hung in the large rooms: light machine guns, rifles, revolvers of different kinds, hand grenades, bags of ammunition, German uniforms, etc., all of which were utilized to the full in the April "action". (...) While I was there, a purchase of arms was made from a former Polish Army officer, amounting to a quarter of a million złoty; a sum of 50,000 złoty was paid on account. Two machine guns were bought at 40,000 złoty each, and a large amount of hand grenades and bombs."

So basically whatever they could get hands on.
Would he like to comment on how his father's organisation has broken every ceasefire enacted between Gaza and Israel?

Latest

Trending

Trending