The Student Room Group

Have I damaged my chances of finding a job after sending this email?

Scroll to see replies

10/10
Original post by sationti
Having recently graduated university, I am presently seeking employment and last week applied for a job with an agency. They got back to me a few hours later and asked me to attend an interview at their offices. When I got there though, all I was asked to do was show my passport as proof of my right to work in the UK, and fill in some basic form that basically said 'what skills do you have?'.

When the agency lady called me in to the office, I thought we would be discussing the role I had applied for, but she seemed clueless to say the least and not remotely interested in putting me forward for the role, and was just like 'oh we won't struggle to get you a job, we'll be in touch'. I made a point of saying that I had gone there about that particular role, but again she didn't seem much about it and just reiterated they'd be in touch.

I was angry because the agency was 22 miles away and must have cost at least 8 quid in petrol to do the round trip. To top it off, quelle surprise, a week later I've heard nothing.

Last night I'd had a couple of glasses of wine and sent them the following email to the lady who invited me to the interview:

'Dear Jackie, Thank you very much for wasting my time and petrol last week in inviting me to an 'interview' with your tinpot agency (you're hardly Adecco or Manpower are you, let's not delude ourselves). As you will have seen, I have a 2:1 degree in an academic subject from a very good university, whereas I bet I could count the number of GCSEs your entire office hold on one hand. Applications of my calibre of an increasingly rare variety and it is so disheartening to see that I have still been treated with apathy.

Your office had the atmosphere of a morgue and I can imagine you're hardly inundated with companies seeking your services (after the way you treat excellent candidates though, I can see why. If you were to phone me tomorrow and offer me that job, I would say 'not a chance, poopy-pants'.

Yours sincerely

(x)'.

On reflection, I know that I shouldn't have sent it as it was a bit off, but I was angry because I have a fabulous CV and would excel in any role I am offered. Would this agency though be able to scupper my chances with any other jobs?

And you wonder why you haven't got a job? You're arrogant, entitled, and your delusions of grandeur with your belief that 'applications of [your] calibre of an increasingly rare variety' and that you are an 'excellent candidate' are absolutely baffling. Get out of that ivory tower of your's and thinking that you're better than everyone else and perhaps ask them why you didn't get the position - it's called being a mature adult; try it some time.
Looks like there's some beef on this thread... I'm enjoying every moment haha
Having recently graduated university, I am presently seeking employment and last week applied for a job with an agency. They got back to me a few hours later and asked me to attend an interview at their offices. When I got there though, all I was asked to do was show my passport as proof of my right to work in the UK, and fill in some basic form that basically said 'what skills do you have?'.

When the agency lady called me in to the office, I thought we would be discussing the role I had applied for, but she seemed clueless to say the least and not remotely interested in putting me forward for the role, and was just like 'oh we won't struggle to get you a job, we'll be in touch'. I made a point of saying that I had gone there about that particular role, but again she didn't seem much about it and just reiterated they'd be in touch.

I was angry because the agency was 22 miles away and must have cost at least 8 quid in petrol to do the round trip. To top it off, quelle surprise, a week later I've heard nothing.

Last night I'd had a couple of glasses of wine and sent them the following email to the lady who invited me to the interview:

'Dear Jackie, Thank you very much for wasting my time and petrol last week in inviting me to an 'interview' with your tinpot agency (you're hardly Adecco or Manpower are you, let's not delude ourselves). As you will have seen, I have a 2:1 degree in an academic subject from a very good university, whereas I bet I could count the number of GCSEs your entire office hold on one hand. Applications of my calibre of an increasingly rare variety and it is so disheartening to see that I have still been treated with apathy.

Your office had the atmosphere of a morgue and I can imagine you're hardly inundated with companies seeking your services (after the way you treat excellent candidates though, I can see why. If you were to phone me tomorrow and offer me that job, I would say 'not a chance, poopy-pants'.

Yours sincerely

(x)'.

On reflection, I know that I shouldn't have sent it as it was a bit off, but I was angry because I have a fabulous CV and would excel in any role I am offered. Would this agency though be able to scupper my chances with any other jobs?

Honestly, don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll be inundated with job offers simply because you're such a ****ing savage. There's a huge demand for people like you these days- especially in the memes industry I can pretty much guarantee you earning £100000 per annum as a minimum starting salary.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 124
I can't take this much edge!!!
Reply 125
Original post by john2054
what degree did you do then?
Your hard work has paid off. You've officially made me give up. I can't take any more of this....

Yours sincerely

(x)'.

You definetelly wont get that job but if your polite you could get other jobs. Also it may take months
For them to get back to you.
Reply 127
Your chances of being black balled are higher than most..
Its not a good thing that you did because in life uou never know where you go. One day the same person you shouted at will be somewhere and maybe in a higher position not at that agency but somewhere else and you meet again . I just want to say nomatter you dont get a positive answer from wherever you attend never do what you did. Your job will come one day .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending