The Student Room Group

Quick closing date for an NHS job

Hi,

I'm back to square one on the employment ladder after a decade of having had two jobs to keep me on a career path which I hoped would be sustainable.

For various reasons, I'm looking at roles around admin to get back into. Nothing had caught my interest until I saw an admin job at my local hospital.

It was posted yesterday and a closing date next week. It makes me think the job is sewn up for an internal candidate and they are just following process to do a very quick external process. Or I hope it might be that they are hoping for a quick appointment.

I've worked in places before we have had an internal candidate unofficially shoehorned for the job but done an external recruitment drive of three weeks at least to satisfy ''concerns" but don't think we ever did it for a week.

As the type of admin (in recruitment) is something I'm interested in, I've started an application in the off chance there's a an opportunity but is it a waste of time with the short closing date?

Any input from those working in the NHS who might be able to offer advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Original post by Aky786UK
Hi,

I'm back to square one on the employment ladder after a decade of having had two jobs to keep me on a career path which I hoped would be sustainable.

For various reasons, I'm looking at roles around admin to get back into. Nothing had caught my interest until I saw an admin job at my local hospital.

It was posted yesterday and a closing date next week. It makes me think the job is sewn up for an internal candidate and they are just following process to do a very quick external process. Or I hope it might be that they are hoping for a quick appointment.

I've worked in places before we have had an internal candidate unofficially shoehorned for the job but done an external recruitment drive of three weeks at least to satisfy ''concerns" but don't think we ever did it for a week.

As the type of admin (in recruitment) is something I'm interested in, I've started an application in the off chance there's a an opportunity but is it a waste of time with the short closing date?

Any input from those working in the NHS who might be able to offer advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, currently working as NHS admin, you should see if the job is still there on NHS jobs not any other websites. NHS jobs is the best way for you to find NHS admin jobs, just go to their site.
Reply 2
Hi,

I've seen the job on GOV.uk and been forwarded onto the NHS Jobs site to complete an application which I'm finalising. I'm going to send it in and see if there's a chance. Looking at other jobs' opening and closing dates, some have a month and others a few weeks so maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Reply 3
So got the rejection email this morning a week after it closed. Can only assume a candidate in house has secured the job. No route for application feedback which is disappointing, however many applications they might have received

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending