The Student Room Group

2nd year transfer assistance

I've been writing up my UCAS application to apply for 2nd year transfers to a couple universities, but I'm having issues figuring out how to work around different requirements from different uni's. Some places like City Uni of London and Royal Holloway asked me to send them information about my current module information and grades, and that they'll decide whether I should send a UCAS application after that which is simple and easy.
On the other hand, SOAS wants me to write why I want to transfer to their university in my personal statement, so I'd need to cut out part of my personal statement (which I already had to slim down a lot) dedicate a whole section to saying why I want to transfer to them specifically, and then send that very same personal statement off to 5 different unis, rather than just sending a general PS and then writing them a personal letter of transfer intent and emailing it to them.

How do I work my way around dealing with these different places with damaging my chances of getting offers from the others?
Reply 1
bump
Original post by monchan
I've been writing up my UCAS application to apply for 2nd year transfers to a couple universities, but I'm having issues figuring out how to work around different requirements from different uni's. Some places like City Uni of London and Royal Holloway asked me to send them information about my current module information and grades, and that they'll decide whether I should send a UCAS application after that which is simple and easy.
On the other hand, SOAS wants me to write why I want to transfer to their university in my personal statement, so I'd need to cut out part of my personal statement (which I already had to slim down a lot) dedicate a whole section to saying why I want to transfer to them specifically, and then send that very same personal statement off to 5 different unis, rather than just sending a general PS and then writing them a personal letter of transfer intent and emailing it to them.

How do I work my way around dealing with these different places with damaging my chances of getting offers from the others?

I'd ask SOAS whether they'd accept a statment submitted to them directly. It's perfectly fine to explain that your 4 other choices don't have this requirement.
Reply 3
I transferred to SOAS, I basically emailed them my grades and why I want to transfer. Got an offer which I accepted via ucas. Used my ps from last year (added a sentence of why I want to transfer nothing too detailed since I already emailed them the reasons). Got my university tutor to be my reference and that suffices what SOAS usually requires.
Reply 4
Original post by arhhm
I transferred to SOAS, I basically emailed them my grades and why I want to transfer. Got an offer which I accepted via ucas. Used my ps from last year (added a sentence of why I want to transfer nothing too detailed since I already emailed them the reasons). Got my university tutor to be my reference and that suffices what SOAS usually requires.

Who did you email, the admissions team or the head of your course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending