The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BENJISAURUS
Someone help me out please? I remember last year the Imperial offer was AAAC if you took four A levels. Now they've revised the standard offer to A*AA, so will the offer for those taking 4 A levels now be A*AAC or just A*AA like other unis? Thanks and congrats to anyone with an offer/interview! :smile:

Hiya I take four and I just got offered on three - A*AA
Original post by Decerto
Oxford and UCL are also A*AA

Birmingham is too
i'm a gap year student and already have my grades (AAAA)
does that mean i have a lower chance of getting in, because they now require an A*?????
Original post by lfcrules
Birmingham is too

Ah yes! I forgot about Birmingham! :tongue:
Original post by sickfam
does that mean i have a lower chance of getting in, because they now require an A*?????

I don't think so, The minimum requirement they say is AAA, however the typical offer is A*AA. This technically means that they look at applications from people that have AAA but people in year 13 would get a condition of obtaining A*AA.
Do we need to take any documentation for interviews?

I can't seem to find any information on the interview email ICL previously sent me as it only had a 4 hr window slot before it expired.
Not received any other information since then. Can anyone direct me?
Original post by Tsar007

I can't seem to find any information on the interview email ICL previously sent me as it only had a 4 hr window slot before it expired.

If i remember correctly all I took was my passport and a copy of the interview confirmation
I took my photo ID and that was it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Decerto
Oxford and UCL are also A*AA

I know, as is Birmingham, and no doubt others, but I was talking about an A*AAC offer :P
Original post by Tsar007

I received a confirmation of my booking a slot entitled 'Interview confirmation'. I'll paste it in: 'please ensure that you arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled interview to allow for completion of registration. When attending your interview you must bring with you one of the following forms of official photo-identification: your passport, identity card or driving licence. Please note that failure to provide one of the above at interview may result in a delay to communicating the outcome of your interview until the ID issue is resolved.' Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by sickfam

I would imagine they'll honour their AAA offer, seeing as that's what was required in the year you sat your exams- also you have a 4th A which can't hurt right?! :wink:
Original post by sickfam

From what I read about the selection process, they first look at your grades or predicted grades for year 13 and if those fit their criteria then they go on to look at bmat and then decide to offer you and interview, So i believe if you have an interview, that means they don't mind that you have 4 As.

"We make our initial assessment based on predicted A-Level grades, rather than AS results. All applicants who are predicted our offer requirements automatically proceed to the second stage of selection, which is the BMAT. Candidates have now been ranked according to their BMAT scores and we will be sending interview invitations from mid-December onwards. "

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by F.MK
From what I read about the selection process, they first look at your grades or predicted grades for year 13 and if those fit their criteria then they go on to look at bmat and then decide to offer you and interview, So i believe if you have an interview, that means they don't mind that you have 4 As.

"We make our initial assessment based on predicted A-Level grades, rather than AS results. All applicants who are predicted our offer requirements automatically proceed to the second stage of selection, which is the BMAT. Candidates have now been ranked according to their BMAT scores and we will be sending interview invitations from mid-December onwards. "

Hope that helps :smile:

yea i have an interview coming up in about a week. kinda nervous about that.
thanks for the help tho!
Hey guys, I have my interview tomorrow and I'm soooooo worried. I'm a gap year applicant and a few pages back someone said their interview was 75% science based. I'm still rusty but do they ask hard knowledge questions??
Original post by Mehek1
Hey guys, I have my interview tomorrow and I'm soooooo worried. I'm a gap year applicant and a few pages back someone said their interview was 75% science based. I'm still rusty but do they ask hard knowledge questions??

It's a standard medical interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehek1

On page 63 someone said: "Getting an interview means you are something like 75% there". I think that percentage was about how likely you were to get at offer after the interview not how much science will be asked.

I'm a gap year student as well and I have an interview tomorrow. What time is yours?
Original post by RishMilo
On page 63 someone said: "Getting an interview means you are something like 75% there". I think that percentage was about how likely you were to get at offer after the interview not how much science will be asked.

I'm a gap year student as well and I have an interview tomorrow. What time is yours?

Really?! Completely misread that, I can breathe! My interview is at 4pm but I'm going on the tour at 12:30, when's yours? Good luck!
Thanks for the information everyone 😀
Original post by Mehek1
Really?! Completely misread that, I can breathe! My interview is at 4pm but I'm going on the tour at 12:30, when's yours? Good luck!

My interview is at 2pm and I'll be going on the tour as well. Thanks and good luck to you too!
Original post by RishMilo
My interview is at 2pm and I'll be going on the tour as well. Thanks and good luck to you too!

Hopefully see you tomorrow! I wear glasses, I'm a brown girl and I'll be wearing a real dress and blazer o:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending