The Student Room Group

How many pressies do your parents give you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
well, the arrangement in my family is just that everyone from the extended family sends money to everyone so the parents or whoever goes and picks out the presents, so technically all of my presents are from them? but normally (and by normally, i mean since i was 10/11) i get a couple of really good books and maybe something else, and then a stocking of sweets, stationary and bath stuff. so not that exciting. occasionally i get a big present, but not every year, a couple years ago i got an ipod, and this year my parents know i want a kindle, but i know i wont get it, cause its gonna be a bit of a budget crimbo this year :tongue:

but i like books so i always get excited :biggrin: my parents always know which ones to get - they never get the ones i specify but they always get amazing books, like last year i got pride and prejudice and zombies and a giant book of human anatomy - which i LOVED :biggrin:

:smile:
Reply 141
I get none :frown:
None.
Reply 143
Lots of spolit teenagers in here.

My parents are rich but i barely get any presents.Like 1 or 2.Or maybe 150 quid.
Reply 144
ermm 4-7 overall
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
gutted.

Nope. There's really nothing that I want anyway, I'm not one for random material crap just for the sake of it. I'd rather get cash, or indeed nothing at all, than some bull**** bath soap thing, or something I don't like. If I want DVDs or whatever, I prefer to just buy them myself.
Reply 146
Alright Dudley Dursley, how's it going?
I used to get about 40-50 when I was younger, but now I get about 20, mainly made up of books and DVDs. I also get one big present.
Reply 148
Woow you guys must have rich parents, mine would never spend more than about £250 on me. & I'm an only child.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 149
Naffin this year...
Erm....I got about 4 last year and I'm probably only going to get 1 this year.
Do you live at buckingham palace by any chance? :lolwut:
30-40??? I mean, where the hell do you put that amount of stuff every year????

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It would vary but not that much. You get 30-40 from your parents alone?

Oh the days when Harry wasn't a whiny little bitch....

(actually, oh the days when it was cool to like him :emo:)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 151
Normally either 1 bigish present (although if it's really big, it'll be a joint birthday/christmas present) or a few smaller ones, plus whatever is in my stocking (normally a book, a dvd, and then a few nice little things like chocolates)
Reply 152
Original post by emmaD96
Woow you guys must have rich parents, mine would never spend more than about £250 on me. & I'm an only child.

£250? That's loads!
Original post by Mm_Minty
Erm....I got about 4 last year and I'm probably only going to get 1 this year.
Do you live at buckingham palace by any chance? :lolwut:
30-40??? I mean, where the hell do you put that amount of stuff every year????

Oh the days when Harry wasn't a whiny little bitch....

(actually, oh the days when it was cool to like him :emo:)

:lol: I live in a council house actually!

I store it with difficulty :yep:
Original post by CookieDoughLove
How many children did they have? Thats what my Dad does, save over the year, as do I of course!

I think 4 kids, so it's really a lot of money to save, I think even if I was in a finacially brilliant situation I wouldn't do it to that extent. It shouldn't be such a commercial occasion.
You know what I used to feel a little bit spoilt but I don't at all
now. I am seriously shocked by the extravagance in this forum.
I only get about 100-150 presents for Christmas, each worth at least £50. Any less and I tell them where to shove it. I have standards.

LOL jk, I don't go round bragging how many presents I get.
I've only got one parent and I don't get a set amount. This year I've already had 2 (DVD's) and am quite happy with a box of chocolates from the corner shop for Christmas Day as my mum has been ill and housebound since September. Really couldn't care less about presents, for me it's about being with my family.
Original post by CookieDoughLove
:lol: I live in a council house actually!

I store it with difficulty :yep:

I suppose that explains it, my rents are always complaining how they have no money left after the mortgage!

Not got narnia in the back of your wardrobe, have you? :p:
Depends on the cost. I mean if the things were like £5 each they sure maybe my parents would get me 30 if I asked for them and they could be bothered.

But usually I don't get any more than 10 (If I don't ask for something expensive). Recent years it's been less but I don't mind tbh because my parents get things for me and my siblings throughout the year and it would be tough buying me and my siblings 40 presents each.

Guess you're pretty lucky :] But tbh, I don't care for presents really. 1 or 2 is nice but sitting there opening all those presents would cause me to fall bored or guilty.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending