The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cathy_Rah
How'd you know that :\?????

it will be shchizo! hasnt come up 4-6 times in a row! since this is the last spec i have feeling they'll ask something nasty like compare and contrast bio/psycho for schizo what do u guys think will come up for debates my teacher syas psychology as a science but that came up twice in a row now! i want nature nurture! reductinism is bullocks dnt understand that, n free will determinism i dunno. i need to get down to unit 5 asap
for question 11 parental investment ppl dnt ignore it n i rekon factors leading to intelligence foragin etc is likely to come up aswell. ive left revision very late ive got something like another 8 subtopics to revise(well learn actyually!) but i will do it theres 3 days bye
Reply 142
oh god, iv just realised i havnt covered the nature of relationships at all for question 2, and it came up on the Jan07 paper! is there a chance it could come up on this paper?
jon###
oh god, iv just realised i havnt covered the nature of relationships at all for question 2, and it came up on the Jan07 paper! is there a chance it could come up on this paper?

Yes.

What do you mean by Nature of Relationship? Like Formation/Dissolution
Reply 144
no, iv done that. i mean relationships in different cultures, and understudied relationships?
Dont bother with understudied if u hvnt got time, it came up in jan so unlikely it will again
jon###
no, iv done that. i mean relationships in different cultures, and understudied relationships?

Alright try and do Relationships in different cultures... I have done understudied relationships just yet, I will try and do it tomorow for 2 hours and then I will review all of my work and try to do as much essay questions as possible.
Reply 147
really? i just really had a panic attack over it, just looking at past papers and then i saw it and my heart sank! i can remeber my teacher saying that i shudnt bother covering it, but didnt explain why, and then i just saw it on the Jan 07 paper and was like, "if they havnt set it since jan 07, then it could come up!". so it definately was on the Jan 08 paper aswell?
Understudied relationship was on January 08... But Cultures is so easy to revise... just learn Mogadam(is that spelt correctly?) and learn Individualistic(western) and Collectivist (non western cultures)... and you can apply theories of formation as A02 like for example Sociobiological you can use for both Western and Non Western ..

Here's the essay I did...

Spoiler

Essay Plan

Spoiler

Reply 149
wow, thanks for postin the essays! my 15 minutes of panic for psychology are over, at least until i resume revision 2moro!
Glad I could help. If you need any more essay plan for Understudied relationships. Just ask:smile:
Reply 151
Matchbox123
I am also confsued!! :s-smilie: Surely they just asked for understudied? not psyc explanations tooo? ! ahh

I was told it was understudied. I doubt part of section 2 AND section 3 will be put into one question. Plus, understudied is a VERY broad area. I can't see how that's possible.
Exam tomorrow.. AHHHHHHHH.. lets get learning :biggrin:
Reply 153
'Outline research into one or more forms of biological rhythms' (12 marks)
Could i include studies on endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers??

EDIT: You know how this is the end of the spec does that mean that if i fail i cant resit :|
Here comes the panic and 12 hours of cramming...
hey... am doing 2,3 and 15
i think that the q's what are most likely to come up are

2) relationship - love, breakdown then formation
3) enviromental stressor?
15) sex difference in parental inverstment OR sexual seletion?...

ive read thro the threads and ppls are sayin that intelligence might come up?but that came up in june 07? didnt it?...
clallen2
'Outline research into one or more forms of biological rhythms' (12 marks)
Could i include studies on endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers??

EDIT: You know how this is the end of the spec does that mean that if i fail i cant resit :|

Yeah you could I guess, but I think it's more about specific types of rhythms, ie. infradian/circadian/ultradian, so I'd mention stuff on the sleep/wake cycle, menstruation, sleep stages. (And the studies that go with them.. which, of course, I can't remember :mad:. )
Reply 157
Does anyone have any essays on relationships, such as dissolution/maintenance and love?
Reply 158
hcblingbling
endogenous pacemakers are to do with biological clocks in the body, whereas exogenous zeitgebers are to do with synchronising the clocks with external cues

there's loads of case studies aswell, like, Siffre, WW2 bunkers, US nuclear submariners etc and then evaluate and see which is predominant, the pacemakers or zeitgebers
2) Maintenance/breakdown or Psychological explanations of love
3) Environmental stressors
5) Disruption of bodily rhythms

I'm hoping those come up!
Left my revision late so I won't be revising everything. May luck be on my side.

Latest

Trending

Trending