Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    These ones?

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...ply/statistics

(Original post by Pvdp)
    Is it only me or did Cambridge remove the application statistics from its website?

(Original post by physicsmaths)
    Yh i think so.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I have wronged.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    What's 1st year econ like? :P
    Fun! Content's very interesting and varied, although not all is everyone's cup of tea. You get pushed a lot and sometimes feels like I'm headbutting a brick wall but overall I think it's pretty manageable if you're disciplined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Fun! Content's very interesting and varied, although not all is everyone's cup of tea. You get pushed a lot and sometimes feels like I'm headbutting a brick wall but overall I think it's pretty manageable if you're disciplined.
    Can I pm you some quick questions? not sure if everyone cares about econ in this general thread :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Can I pm you some quick questions? not sure if everyone cares about econ in this general thread :P
    Yh sure :yy:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Damn, I have wronged.
    Yes. They've moved them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I agree my workload during the year is manageable (nst). However my memory isn't expansive enough to remember it all at once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    I agree my workload during the year is manageable (nst). However my memory isn't expansive enough to remember it all at once.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which modules did you do first year?

I assume Maths B, Physics, Chemistry and ???

Is it lots of memorization and reading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Which modules did you do first year?

I assume Maths B, Physics, Chemistry and ???

Is it lots of memorization and reading?
    In order of difficulty id say chemistry>mathsB>>materials=phys ics.

Chemistry is too much for me to remember (in fact it's not all that bad apart from the organic which is horrendous), materials has a fair bit to memorise but is much more manageable. Physics is the least (the content is pretty easy in my opinion) and maths B is alright but its not taught in a way that makes it easy to learn even though the topics themselves aren't bad. Also we still have 4 weeks of content still to learn.. God damn the tripos!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    In order of difficulty id say chemistry>mathsB>>materials=phys ics.

Chemistry is too much for me to remember (in fact it's not all that bad apart from the organic which is horrendous), materials has a fair bit to memorise but is much more manageable. Physics is the least (the content is pretty easy in my opinion) and maths B is alright but its not taught in a way that makes it easy to learn even though the topics themselves aren't bad. Also we still have 4 weeks of content still to learn.. God damn the tripos!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn it, considering bio of cells will probably more memorising than materials I might be a bit annoyed.

I am choosing between materials and bio of cells, and even though I want to do materials I think I'll have to do bio because I do wanna go into pharmacology/neuro sort of chem...

I can imagine organic being a **** load of mechanisms to learn.

Best of luck with that:lol: here I am pretty much done with everything, and you're gonna be learning even more for exams.

Next year should be fun... Do you know what you wanna do next year?

ReputationRep:
    Damn it, considering bio of cells will probably more memorising than materials I might be a bit annoyed.

I am choosing between materials and bio of cells, and even though I want to do materials I think I'll have to do bio because I do wanna go into pharmacology/neuro sort of chem...

I can imagine organic being a **** load of mechanisms to learn.

Best of luck with that:lol: here I am pretty much done with everything, and you're gonna be learning even more for exams.

Next year should be fun... Do you know what you wanna do next year?
    Double physics materials. Although I want to do physics and they say that unless you do maths in the second year 3/4th year physics are much harder so maybe maths but that has the caveat that my DoS only let people take maths if they get a first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    Double physics materials. Although I want to do physics and they say that unless you do maths in the second year 3/4th year physics are much harder so maybe maths but that has the caveat that my DoS only let people take maths if they get a first.
    Ouch that's harsh. So possibly double physics and maths. Sounds hardcore haha.

I was sent a link before of the content for each module, do you by any chance know where I can find that? It was like a mini syllabi for each

ReputationRep:

I was sent a link before of the content for each module, do you by any chance know where I can find that? It was like a mini syllabi for each
    After results day email your DoS then he'll be able to answer questions about all the courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of time left!
    How are you studying for physics and chem? I'm going through the books and making notes and then I'll do past papers (not sure if it's worth doing the AQA ones if I'm sitting the edexcel ones). Also, when did you start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BVN)
    How are you studying for physics and chem? I'm going through the books and making notes and then I'll do past papers (not sure if it's worth doing the AQA ones if I'm sitting the edexcel ones). Also, when did you start?
    Haven't started yet.

I'm just gonna read through notes and smash out past papers.

I like just doing like 4 papers the day before and making sure I understand it all.

I don't make notes because there are loads everywhere.

Don't do papers from other boards, unless Maths.

ReputationRep:

This might help....

http://www.natsci.tripos.cam.ac.uk/c...ourse-websites

ReputationRep:
    That's the badger! Tyvm

Physics first year paper didn't look too bad at all :woo:

ReputationRep:
    That's the badger! Tyvm

Physics first year paper didn't look too bad at all :woo:
    IA Physics really isn't that bad at all. Some of the questions can be a bit crap but if you pick the right ones then you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umutalberts)
    Woah how can you work so much?! That's like a whole 5 hours a day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    m8888 I'm doing like 10 hours a day atm :hide:

Did work from half ten am till midnight last night :cry2:..

Lyf </3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    IA Physics really isn't that bad at all. Some of the questions can be a bit crap but if you pick the right ones then you're fine.
    Yeah I think chemistry spec looks a bit harder!

Maybe time dilation... and that optics stuff I've never done before will throw me off but should be decent enough

I best get in now lol

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.