The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It'd probably depend entirely on how much I knew them.

If we were good friends before and they knew me to be slightly eccentric and cheesy, yeah why not.

But if we hardly knew each other, no way.
Reply 61
If I was in a American movie. Then Yes.
No, and WHY?
dimexi

Girls - would you love to be given a rose on the first date

Naaaaaay. :no:
lol no. Unless perhaps you unveil it as part of a magic trick, in which case it would be funny.

Although I personally find cheesy gestures and overly sentimental acts/talk cringeworthy. If I have to get down on one knee when I propose, I'll probably be sick on her shoes.
Reply 65
Rabbit91
its adorable i love when my bf brings me flowers! x

exactly.. when your BF does it.. not the guy you're going out with for the first time!!
Flavity
Are you calling all british girls ****s? I can assure you we're not all like that. I'd love a bit of romance personally. I wonder if you can tell I'm feeling the hate?

Im really not sure anymore, ive been/am more than happy to consign myself to being single for a good few years due to the way girls are here. I dunno, I am just stereotyping and its stupid to think that there are no decent girls out there, they all seem to be taken by the most disgusting pieces of filth going... Romance doesnt come into it because thats just not what most girls like/want these days. They just want those nasty pieces of work.
Reply 67
noooo too soon! try a different flower if you insist
paddyman4
lol no. Unless perhaps you unveil it as part of a magic trick, in which case it would be funny.

Although I personally find cheesy gestures and overly sentimental acts/talk cringeworthy. If I have to get down on one knee when I propose, I'll probably be sick on her shoes.

I think that would be make it worse. :indiff:
Reply 69
sweet yes, but i would say 2nd or third date.
Nay. Absolutely not.:no:
Don't do it, she will think you are a push over immediately.
Reply 72
It depends on how well you know the girl. I wouldn't do it on the first date if I didn't know her well but only if you've known her for a long time then go for it.

It seems a bit worthless giving it to someone you barely know because then you'd just be giving a rose for the sake of it rather than giving it to someone for being special (and let's face it, if you don't know someone well, they can't be that special). But once you get to know her more and more, the second or third date is ideal to give her one. :smile:
Reply 73
Flavity
Yeah its a shame, the good girls fall for the bad guy all the time unfortunately. They appear charming, and 99% of the time girls fall for it and it always ends in heartbreak. I'm just a bit bitter because it seems as if the good ones are just purposely hidden...

The problem is that most guys don't seem to want the good girl anymore, they want a quick shag every now and then and somehow they call that stupidity a relationship :dontknow: I'd kill for a bit of romance, but then very few guys who would actually offer it :frown:

She is actually a good girl that has fallen to a bad guy before, so it's why I want to show her I aint one of the bad guys and show some softness, you get me? (I am soft anyway, but not a pushover :p: )

Secondly, for the guy that said "german girls still know how to date"... She is German actually, I wouldnt take flowers to an English girl because I KNOW they'd think I was a pushover chuahua..

And Another point, the first girl I ever took flowers to on a date was a German as well.. Correlation? No? hmmmm
For me personally no. Unless we already knew each other quite well and it was kind of funny. But if I didn't really know them I'd think it was a little too cheesy/creepy.
Reply 75
TheLouisVuittonDon
Right on the money.

If they've been friends for a long time however, I think it'd be great because it would symbolise his change of feelings/relationship with her by giving her a rose which friends don't do.
Reply 76
No!
Reply 77
I would love it honestly! I don't think it's full on at all, it's romantic.. something that this world is lacking..
Reply 78
menagerie
For me personally no. Unless we already knew each other quite well and it was kind of funny. But if I didn't really know them I'd think it was a little too cheesy/creepy.
It doesn't have to be funny, though. :biggrin: If it was your birthday and you were going to a fancy restaurant with both of you all dressed up with him suited and booted, it would fit.
Reply 79
TheLouisVuittonDon

To be honest man, we have spent up to 13 hours chatting on the phone for the past week - so my bet is she has already made up her mind if I'm a push over or not..

Latest

Trending

Trending