The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

All I know is that lots of people loved it at the open day - I'm so excited to go to the next one (if I get an offer) :biggrin:
But they still havn't acknowledged... which is abit worrying!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 21
Unless, I'm a complete idiot (and that is a possibility), Southampton isn't listed in your UCAS 2010 spoiler in your sig? :confused:
Reply 22
Kidders

Any other questions just ask me... oh one lastthing. i'd say southampton is definitely a student town. (and the New Forest is close :-)

I wouldn't say it's that much of a student town. Maybe in some areas (e.g. Portswood) but it's quite large and a wide range of people live there.
Reply 23
ily_em
I wouldn't say it's that much of a student town. Maybe in some areas (e.g. Portswood) but it's quite large and a wide range of people live there.

Hi, I was just looking at your signature and congrats on your 3 offers.
I was just wondering though why your unis have only asked for 2 subjects?
Reply 24
ily_em

Really? I think it very much is. With two universities and several colleges i think most things/ places are geared up for students rather than adults/ families. Think of all the cheap places to eat, the cheap bars/ clubs/ the style of shops etc.

Portswood obviously is very studenty, but so is the Polygon which are two big areas. The city centre is also always advertising student nights.

Personally wouldn't live here if i wasn't at University!
Reply 25
Ram92
Hi, I was just looking at your signature and congrats on your 3 offers.
I was just wondering though why your unis have only asked for 2 subjects?

Because I did A-Level French early (my school was wierd :p: ). It means I only have to get two more A2 grades. Though if Cambridge gave me an offer it would be A*AA because I only got a B in French.
Reply 26
Kidders
Really? I think it very much is. With two universities and several colleges i think most things/ places are geared up for students rather than adults/ families. Think of all the cheap places to eat, the cheap bars/ clubs/ the style of shops etc.

Portswood obviously is very studenty, but so is the Polygon which are two big areas. The city centre is also always advertising student nights.

Personally wouldn't live here if i wasn't at University!

I see what you mean :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending