The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Who's got an offer from Strathclyde? I have!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got an offer too!! For EEE! I don't know the conditions yet...
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 21
I applied last year and got an unconditional for geography, and applied this year as a sort of back up and got the same... But this time my personal statement and reference were both completely art based, so clearly strathclyde just go by grades! Suits me though, at least I have some security now. My first choice would be art school though.
I've got a conditional for Politics and Geography.
Reply 23
Geography and Politics Conditional
Has anyone received any kind of reply from Strathclyde re Aero Mech and or Mech Engineering. Trying to find someone who can put my mind at ease. No offers yet but Uni have acknowledged.
Reply 25
laineybabes
Has anyone received any kind of reply from Strathclyde re Aero Mech and or Mech Engineering. Trying to find someone who can put my mind at ease. No offers yet but Uni have acknowledged.

Hey i have applied for aero-mech as well and I have recieved an acknowledgment but not an interview or anything either. But mine was only sent away about a week and 2 days ago. I will let you know if I hear anything
Was your acknowledgement from Strath Uni itself or from the Mech Eng dept. Mine was just a general acknowledgement.Please let me know if you get any kind of offer or interview. Good luck!!
Reply 27
laineybabes
Was your acknowledgement from Strath Uni itself or from the Mech Eng dept. Mine was just a general acknowledgement.Please let me know if you get any kind of offer or interview. Good luck!!

Yeah it was just a general one. Will do yeah you 2 :biggrin:
Just got an unconditional for Biomedical Sciences :smile:
Reply 29
Unconditional for French&Spanish :biggrin:
Reply 30
Accepted my Unconditional offer to study Politics and English :biggrin:
Reply 31
AlannnnC
Accepted my Unconditional offer to study Politics and English :biggrin:

Congrats :biggrin:
And happy first post :p:
Reply 32
To all the chemistry applicants: I emailed them and they said that the offers should be out by 15th Feb.
Reply 33
LuhLah
To all the chemistry applicants: I emailed them and they said that the offers should be out by 15th Feb.

Damn, I cannot wait that long....
Has anyone received interview/offer/rejection from Strathclyde for Aero Mech and or Mech Eng. I have not had a thing from them and am now panicking.
Reply 35
Just got a conditional for Geography, absolutely chuffed!
Reply 36
I got an unconditional for Aero-Mechanical Engineering and I accepted it as my firm yesterday, see you there guys :smile:
Reply 37
byronage
Did you go to the 'special invite' day two weeks ago ElNombre?

laineybabes - it isn't panic time yet, it's still no news is good news time

Yeah man, were you there?
l LNOMBRE,

congrats on your offer for Aero Mech. Did you have fantastice Higher results. I have ABBBB, minimum requirments and am sitting AH Maths and Physics, I was maybe expexting a conditional for the MEng. I am not one of the chosen to have been invited to the "special day". I feel a bit sad. Could I contact them and ask if they are still considering applications but not ask about mine specifically? what do you guys think?:confused:
Reply 39
byronage
Yeah I was there. The good looking dude! mwahaha

They did a good selling job and I have a lot of respect for them. Got my fingers crossed for Bristol though.

I was the guy in the white shirt and black jeans (yeah, probably not very memorable :P) dunno if we spoke

Yeah, they did a good job, before the applicant's day I was going to accept Glasgow as my firm, the Strathclyde open day in September was abysmal, but the applicant's day changed my mind, I've already accepted the offer

EDIT:

laineybabes
l LNOMBRE,

congrats on your offer for Aero Mech. Did you have fantastice Higher results. I have ABBBB, minimum requirments and am sitting AH Maths and Physics, I was maybe expexting a conditional for the MEng. I am not one of the chosen to have been invited to the "special day". I feel a bit sad. Could I contact them and ask if they are still considering applications but not ask about mine specifically? what do you guys think?:confused:

Sorry Lainey, didn't see your post before

Thanks. Yeah, I did have the minimum requirements for entry into the Masters. The Applicant's Day I went to was for people who were gonna get unconditionals, I think.

Don't lose heart, I'm sure you still have a good chance, especially with those advanced highers. Even if it's not for the Masters course isn't the Bachelors course an option? Considering it's very easy to switch to Masters once you're on the actual course.

I wouldn't email them, I'd just wait and see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending