The Student Room Group

Does it mean anything if a guy calls you "sweetie"?

A guy I was dating, though we havent see much of each other of late whenever we speak on the phone or text...he always calls me "sweetie", he used to call me "darling" a lot, but recently just "sweetie" :p:

Does it mean anything when a guy does that? Probably not i know. Just doesnt seem a very man-ish thing to do :p:

Scroll to see replies

It means he wants to suck you.
Reply 2
basically another girl dumped him or stopped having sex with him, now he's looking for another pussy to pop, so he's acting all nice to you, but really all he wants is your vagina.

Trust me i and many other guys have done it
It surprises me that people are actually capable of relationships when they over-analyse things like this.

To me, it means nothing. If someone calls me sweetie, it's a term of endearment, and it wouldn't mean anything to me other than friendship. I'm quite affectionate with my friends, including my male friends, it's just the way it is.
Reply 4
erm... does he uses i with everyone else?
Reply 5
It means he is in a bad romance film.
Anonymous
A guy I was dating, though we havent see much of each other of late whenever we speak on the phone or text...he always calls me "sweetie", he used to call me "darling" a lot, but recently just "sweetie" :p:

Does it mean anything when a guy does that? Probably not i know. Just doesnt seem a very man-ish thing to do :p:

Over analytical much ? My friends mum calls me baby , it doesn't mean anything at all.
It means he's like 70?

On a serious note how the hell could you analyse his feelings for you on that ???!!!
sil3nt_cha0s
It means he wants to suck you.

I may have jizzed over your signature...

The logic one.

Hilarious.

Thanks.
Reply 9
He wants to :snow::snow::snow::snow: you. :yep:
Reply 10
Its like when the 60 year old lady at the Tesco checkout calls you 'my love'.... it means nothing.
Reply 11
"darling", "sweetie"? He thinks he's been married to you for the past 20 years.
Jaydiee
Its like when the 60 year old lady at the Tesco checkout calls you 'my love'.... it means nothing.

lmaao
It means he wants to marry you and bear his children.
Reply 14
he's gotta eat you!!
Reply 15
I dont think it means anything, a guy I used to know often called me "darling", didnt mean he wanted anything from me.
Reply 16
I call one of my female friends sweetie all the time out of endearment. Seriously get over yourself.
why don't you ask him, love to see the look in his face.
I wouldn't take too much from him calling you "sweetie" to be honest. It is just a term of endearment.
I would say it depends on the guy though. If he doesn't use that term with anyone else but you, it might mean something..
That he's from the 20s?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending