Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah, the day before term starts, so the 25th :smile:
Reply 3
im moving in on the 20th hehehe
or else i find ive got no where else to stay.. so i hafta move in on the 20th! got the tickets n everythin.. hehe but oh no unconditional yet... whats taking them so long to mark the alvel papers!
Reply 4
Press on September 25th! :biggrin: Cripps hall for moi. BTW do any of you chaps use MSN? If so PM me addr and we could speak about Nottingham related issues. Woo!
Reply 5
25 September from 10 am onwards for me at HuStu :biggrin:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :punk:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 7
hi. was just coming on here to ask same ques. suppose its the same for broadgate? so, just to get everything clear in my mind..............
we are allowed to arrive on sunday 25th.(is this when we can register and get smartcards, pay internet etc et etc?)
freshers week starts on monday 26th
lectures start the week after freshers week, so the 3 October?
hmmm not sure about when lectures start but yes you're right (i think) on all your other points :biggrin:
yeeeeeeey.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
dunkymunky
hi. was just coming on here to ask same ques. suppose its the same for broadgate? so, just to get everything clear in my mind..............
we are allowed to arrive on sunday 25th.(is this when we can register and get smartcards, pay internet etc et etc?)

calm down a second! you will arrive on the sunday, and all you need to worry about then is meeting people, sorting out your room and saying goodbye to anxious parents! You can give payment for accommodation in halls on the sunday, or later if you wish (there is a deadline though, not sure when) and you'll probably get mealcards when you arrive too. Not sure about self catered accommodation though. At Hu Stu last year we had a welcome BBQ in the evening - and may have met the JCR committee then I can't remember.

Freshers fayre is Mon-Wed of Freshers week, and you will directed to when to register (the timetable is on the Notts website now if you really want to know) and this will probably be in Sports centre halls, that's where you get your smart card, sort out fees and internet, and sports memebership if you want it).

And of course the WeekOne reps will help you out loads, show you round and give you advice, and what party is on each night and how to get tickets (tip: any medics befriend someone to buy you a ticket if you are out all day and will not be able to get one later - they sell quickly! that applies to most things not just weekone!)

Lectures will properly start the following week, but you may have an introductory session to go to, or Library tours and stuff - for English we had a meeting that week that gave us course info and we had to sign up for seminars etc - sort out the timetable. If it's badly organised like last year then you probably will only find out the night before and oversleep and run around looking desperately for the Pope building, but don't worry, it will all be fine :biggrin: (and I was only 10 mins late hehe)

But forget all the admin, just arrive and have fun!!! :party:
ive been there and done that with the running round madly trying to fid the pope building.....
Reply 11
*SuperSteph*

And of course the WeekOne reps will help you out loads, show you round and give you advice, and what party is on each night and how to get tickets (tip: any medics befriend someone to buy you a ticket if you are out all day and will not be able to get one later - they sell quickly! that applies to most things not just weekone!)

Getting tickets for the main Week One Party was insane, because in their wisdom there was only enough tickets for about half the freshers in our hall. :rolleyes: People were queuing in our quad for hours to get them, but I'd seriously advise you not to bother, the Week One Party was actually pretty crap!

Getting tickets for hall events (like Uniformity in Cripps) was a bit better :smile:
Frances
Getting tickets for the main Week One Party was insane, because in their wisdom there was only enough tickets for about half the freshers in our hall. :rolleyes: People were queuing in our quad for hours to get them, but I'd seriously advise you not to bother, the Week One Party was actually pretty crap!

Oh yeah definitely not as good as it could have been. I went to Stealth instead of rock city and had a much better time, I don't think the people in rock city could breathe! But the Monday night at Media and Toga Party (wooo Hu Stu) are great fun. :biggrin:
Reply 13
wow.. so much talk on what to do when we get there..
i think the lectures will start according to what course youre taking.. but probably on the week following freshers week.. all sounds good though..
Reply 14
Anyone else at Derby Hall btw, or am I gonna be a lonely hamster?

Alright mate, ill be moving into derby halls
Reply 15
Whoa, I am worried about the anxious parents bit - but apart from that, everything looks fabulous! :biggrin:

Since I am going to be at HuStu would I be needing the Toga Party tickets? And since I am a medic I would indeed need to befriend some people :rolleyes: for tickets and other reasons of course. Looks like I would have lectures from the very first day!!!
Reply 16
In our freshers week we had a general introduction to the course type lecture, two study skills lectures (they told us how to write notes :rolleyes: ) a library/it induction lecture thing, and a talk by a local mp. I think that was about it. Proper lectures start the next week, although the first ones are just boring, going through the module outline stuff, the actually interesting stuff only comes in the third week! :wink:
l1ncs
Alright mate, ill be moving into derby halls

wicked! im on msn if you want it? anyone else going to notts for that matter! :biggrin:
Reply 18
*SuperSteph*
Oh yeah definitely not as good as it could have been. I went to Stealth instead of rock city and had a much better time, I don't think the people in rock city could breathe! But the Monday night at Media and Toga Party (wooo Hu Stu) are great fun. :biggrin:

Ha...i was working that night at Rock City - fun fun fun! :-\
Reply 19
dunkymunky

I was in Broadgate in my first year and we could move in before the catered halls (the rooms are on a separate contract). It should say when they send you your tenancy agreement how long your rent period is.

You register in the sports hall - day and time depends on your course, but it will be Monday 26th-Friday 30th sometime between 9-5. Last year I registered on the day I was assigned, but in the morning rather than the afternoon and it didn't seem to matter...

And yes, lectures start Monday 3rd October.

Latest

Trending

Trending