The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Depends. Sometimes I go like 2 weekends in a row, sometimes I go about once in 3 weeks. I do go more often than most. It rests on what's going on at uni (sometimes it can be pretty dead at weekends!), or any commitments I have at home like family parties, birthdays etc. But I mainly go to see my boyfriend I guess! :smile:
Once a term if I can be bothered.
I go to London most weeks, and meet up with my mum a couple of times though.
Reply 3
Only went home once in the whole time I was at uni and that was after my 3rd year finals. I mean, why would you? Mostly, if you went to uni, chances are so did your best mates. Your parents continue to have lives. You lose time and have to spend money... I really don't see what the appeal is :dontknow:
i never go home during term time. i really dont see the point. my parents will occasionly drop in if they happen to be going to a meeting or seeing friends near me though
I go home almost weekly and it's about 2 hours away. My girlfriend is there :biggrin: It works out cost effective if I do my weekly shop in my hometown and then take it back on the train - I'd pay the same in taxi fare as I do to get the train anyway.
Reply 6
I go home quite often...about once a month. The main reason is because I am alot closer to my friends at home than my uni friends...and I usually get bored at the weekends because my uni friends go home/ see their partners/ work. All of my friends from home go to local uni's so it's easier for me to go back there to see them, but they're planning a trip here soon :smile:
Reply 7
I dont normally go home outside reading weeks and holidays, but was wondering if your homesick does going home just make it worse?
If you go to cambridge they are rather banal about the amount of time you spend away from the college.

Other than that, it depends entirely on the person.
Reply 9
I went home like everyweekend. :p:

Now that I'm single I reckon i'm gonna stick around at uni for way longer now lol
Reply 10
It easily costs up to £300 for the Eurostar :rolleyes: So my parents will have to do without me. Otherwise I think I'd try to go once a month.
Reply 11
I go back every weekend, cause i work weekends in my hometown, and i only live like 2 hours away from my uni so its not bad
Reply 12
Last term I went home once and that was for someone's birthday. I don't get homesick so I don't see the point in going home loads.
Reply 13
Prior to going to university I didn't think I'd ever go home during term time, but actually, since being here, I've been back quite often, and have no intention of stopping. It's mainly to see friends, catch up, and get away from university.
I go home most weekends. Firstly, I only live a 25minute car ride away, and my boyfriend lives by my home house so it's easier to see him.
Secondly, nothing goes on here at the weekend, and loads of the people in my flat go home so it'd be mega boring if I stayed.

I'm not that happy here anyway.. not homesick, just not happy.. so 5 days a week is enough for me thanks!
Reply 15
my flatmates go home quite a lot because they live really near, means im by myself in the flat sometimes. So was thinking about going home this weekend.
Once a month ish, to see boyfriend, and tbh I get sick of living in these stupid halls. And I miss being taken care of, lol.
Reply 17
A weekend in November, Christmas holidays, a weekend in February, Easter holidays, then not till the summer
At the end of each term really. I've been home one additional time this term as I was on my Way through on the train. I don't normally have time to be honest, and I'd rather spend time with friends whilst we're all here; when I get home, everybody will be scattered from South London to Edinburgh.
I went back to Wales about once every 3 weeks/a month, really, but on the other weekends I'd go to my boyfriend's in Brighton.

Until I got a Christmas job, I escaped as much as possible. I loathed halls though, so that probably had something to do with it.

Latest

Trending

Trending