The Student Room Group

Skins Parties...Good or Bad?

Hey,

I'm a fan of Skins, not so much this new series as I didn't think much of the opening episode, but I have watched the last 3 avidly. I don't agree with the opinion that most young people are like the characters and are all obsessed with Sex, Drugs and underage drinking. I am, however, of the opinion that young people like to have a good time and do it best when spending time with friends.

I am just curious as I have never been to a Skins Party but just thought, after seeing an advert on TV, that these parties could act as an influence on young people to behave how the characters in Skins do? Do the parties encourage alcohol abuse and drugs misuse or are they merely a gathering for people to have a great time. Should young people aspire to be like the characters in Skins? Are they good role-models?

I'm also curious as to the age-group you think Skins is aimed at? I watch it and I'm 20 and have experienced Uni and most of the people I know who watch it are similar to me, but I know my Sister (who is 14) and some of her friends watch it also.

I suppose I'm asking if anyone has ever been to a Skins (themed or official organised) party, their experiences of it and if you haven't, what would you expect and what are your opinions on what I asked?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm sorry if this should be in TV or another forum, feel free to move to the relevant place!
What's the difference between a normal party and a Skins party? I take it everyone just goes with the intentions of acting like a douche?
GodspeedGehenna
What's the difference between a normal party and a Skins party? I take it everyone just goes with the intentions of acting like a douche?

That's what I'm wondering...

Latest

Trending

Trending