The Student Room Group

Anyone over age 30 and Enrolling?

Is there anyone else in TSR who is maybe over 30 and has decided to take the step to go back to school after some years away in the world and work force?

After just a short while here so far it seems to me that a majority of the members here seem to be in the 18-25 year range, which is fine of course! And when I was in that range, I attended a community college, post high school. Now it has been something like nine years since I've been immersed into college life, and I'm 34 now. I'm still going to try to enroll into a University but honestly I am somewhat intimidated by trying to immerse myself among younger people.

Call it what you will, but I don't know if I can relate to this new generation. Granted that does not mean I am going to be a recluse and keep fully to myself while attending school. Younger (and anyone) students are either going to form opinions of me or they won't, and I'm going to be myself. And I will admit something else, I'm not all that familiar with the usual process of enrolling at a University. It's clearly different then a community college.

Latest

Trending

Trending