The Student Room Group

Looks like I'm going to be alone on my birthday

I'm currently in my first year at uni and I'm having a pretty good time. However, I've been thinking ahead a bit and I realised that my birthday is in the easter holidays - the end of march, and we brake up a few days before. I don't have many friends at home anymore as we've drifted apart and I didn't have many to start with. So my birthday is going to be spent alone, I doubt my uni friends would be able to make it to my hometown. I could invite people on facebook but I know no one will turn up and I'll look a complete fool. This is making me really depressed, becuase if I don't do something for my birthday, I'll look like a loser on facebook. I hate my life.
Anonymous
I'm currently in my first year at uni and I'm having a pretty good time. However, I've been thinking ahead a bit and I realised that my birthday is in the easter holidays - the end of march, and we brake up a few days before. I don't have many friends at home anymore as we've drifted apart and I didn't have many to start with. So my birthday is going to be spent alone, I doubt my uni friends would be able to make it to my hometown. I could invite people on facebook but I know no one will turn up and I'll look a complete fool. This is making me really depressed, becuase if I don't do something for my birthday, I'll look like a loser on facebook. I hate my life.

I had my bday monday last week.I'm a fresher in halls, and I was 21. Nobody even knew it was my birthday until a few saw on facebook and said the compulsory happy birthday.
I had uni then sat in my room working/watching tv. It was a bleak day. My parents sent me back with loads of presents but I didn't touch them-what was the point on my own? Had to stop mum buying me alcohol etc without telling her I had nobody to share it with.
You'll look like a loser on facebook? How superficial are you? Just deal with it or do something early at uni

Latest

Trending

Trending