The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
someonenowhere
I am now at my final year in university with a future ahead of me (something which I never thought was possible during my school years). I can’t help feeling self- satisfied that I have made something of my life, whereas these people who made my life hell- are now either stuck in low- paid jobs/unemployed (living off benefits), or single with a flock of children

.…… am I just as bad as them?

EDIT: For those assuming I am a 'snob' towards all people who live on benefits/single/unemployed ...No I am not, my 'smugness' is directed at those particular group of 'bullies' who are now unemployed/living off benefits! ...However, if they are happy being unemployed/single/living off benefits...so be it! ...

Thank you guys for your positive responses...If I could, I would rep each and everyone of you...unfortunately, that is not possible, so I give you all my love and best wishes. :smile:

absolutely not. If anything it is wrong that you should have thought to actually post this thread, asking if 'it was wrong'. Silly you.

They were ******* at school and dickheads to boot- now they are losers with no prospects of achieving anything in life. ha ha ha!
Reply 81
Afrotortina
.... So by your reasoning, if I've been working in Tesco through college and a gap year to save up for uni, does that mean I've failed?

People are equal and people have choices. Society can't function without people doing unpleasant jobs, or in your view that's beneath you.

god, how dense are you> There are TWO criteria there - YES if you were a bully and ended up working in tesco as your proper job, then you are inferior to the person you bullied and who has made a life for themself.
Reply 82
You-Rock-My-World
Who do you define as a school idiot? Someone who does not do well academically? They still may be good people even if they're not smart.

No.
The kids who constantly tried to out-do each other by proving they were...BADDAMANS.
You'd have to have gone to my highschool to understand.
rajandkwameali
Please spare me this pseudo-spiritualist nonsense. People only say that for the sake of it, as with most things in life.

Hierarchy exists, it's a fact of life.

Really? Hierarchy exists? I didn't know that. Cheers for clearing that up.

Basically, there's no point in trying to justify the fact that education doesn't equal a better human being to someone who clearly isn't going to listen or change their blinkered view.

Intelligence is one factor of many to consider when judging character. Academia barely comes into it.
sadie-kiki
god, how dense are you> There are TWO criteria there - YES if you were a bully and ended up working in tesco as your proper job, then you are inferior to the person you bullied and who has made a life for themself.

The irony... lol
Reply 85
I dont think its wrong at all, even if it was its understandable. :smile:
Closed as the OP has had enough replies and the thread has gotten derailed along the way.

Latest

Trending

Trending