The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I can't believe that this is even up for discussion. Your gender should not dictate whether it is acceptable for you to ask a guy/girl that you like out. If you like someone you should ask them out.

Evanesyne
I personally believe that if a guy truly likes me, he would ask me out, otherwise it just has 'He's just not that into you' written all over it. But that doesn't apply to every guy, so it wouldn't hurt to try.

The door swings both ways. If you don't ask a guy you like out then by your logic he'll believe that you're just not that into him. A lot of guys will wait to see if the girl is showing any signs of liking them first, so it's rarely going to happen right away. If he hasn't approached you then maybe you're not giving him any reason to do so, and vice versa.
Reply 21
mikejpb
I can't believe that this is even up for discussion. Your gender should not dictate whether it is acceptable for you to ask a guy/girl that you like out. If you like someone you should ask them out.

The door swings both ways. If you don't ask a guy you like out then by your logic he'll believe that you're just not that into him. A lot of guys will wait to see if the girl is showing any signs of liking them first, so it's rarely going to happen right away. If he hasn't approached you then maybe you're not giving him any reason to do so, and vice versa.

I agree with this someone's gender shouldn't come in too it although i am quiet shy myself and have ****** up on many occasions due to leaving it too late to finally bite the bullet and ask them, if he is shy and you like him enough then you should just ask him especially if it's pretty obvious he likes you, it could surprise you how much he opens up once you start dating and getting to know him more etc.
Hey TSR
Say you had a feeling a guy liked you, but he was just shy and for this reason the two of you never speak to each other much, though you do chat a little. What would you do? Would you attempt to indulge him in a convo or wait for him to get chatting to you?

Are you Fu*king crazy? girls can't actually initiate the conversation because centuries of suppression has made the female gender subservient to the male doing everything first. Everyone knows they will only go out with the loud mouth males who have the confidence to do so, but will subsequently treat them like trash after a while because she will get in the way of the football game or something likewise that wouldn't be out of place in primitive homo habilis society). The shy male (who is likely to have a higher iq in comparison but as a result analyses everything single dam situation) will lose out, and thus the cycle continues. :yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending