The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Something we *must* do on Freshers week

This is a challenge for anyone. For anyone that doesnt know, Bank and Monument are connected through escalators, and steps and corridors. Ive been doing this with some other friends, and the challenge is as follows:

To run from Monument to Bank in the fastest time possible. The winner recieves some sort of prize, and the pride of being the "Bank to Monument fun run winner 2005".

Anybody that is willing to do this must come with me on Freshers week to check out the route we'll be taking. Of course, we have to travel from Waterloo to Monument, (its best if we go from Temple station on the district line), but that is no obstacle to a determined student.

Of course, there is always the opportunity to face the Euston Polytechnic on this, or the fake stock exchange that is the LSE.

What do you think of this idea, fellow KCLers?

Hicham
:cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone doing it naked should get a special prize...
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Dreama
Anyone doing it naked should get a special prize...

anyone doing it SOBER should get a mental health check..
Reply 3
Drunk and naked it is!
Reply 4
Not naked, but if you insist on doing it drunk, I suggest after rush hour, and before the last trains come.
Reply 5
Oh I won't be doing it at all. :smile:
me either :beer: :cheers:
Reply 7
I'm up for that!

Seriously I am. Drunk and naked as well if I'm allowed to.

Can you give me a distance on that? I'm queet willing to actually train up for this. I like sprinting, but if it's anything more than 800m I'll be midly annoyed.
Reply 8
Spider
I'm up for that!

Seriously I am. Drunk and naked as well if I'm allowed to.

Can you give me a distance on that? I'm quiet willing to actually train up for this. I quiet like sprinting, but if it's anything more than 800m I'll be midly annoyed.

I think 800m is about right
Reply 9
Ack, 400m are considered the crossing over point for Sprintability. Ah well, you only live once.
Reply 10
Spider
Ack, 400m are considered the crossing over point for Sprintability. Ah well, you only live once.

So, can I count you in? I need to give you information, so tell me your hall, and I'll post you a map, etc. etc.
Reply 11
I've gone in through clearing, as soon as I know I'll let you know!

Hope there's no middle distance runners here..I want to win! :eek:
Hitcham... why oh why?

Save it for RAG
Reply 13
feelthesunshine
Hitcham... why oh why?

Save it for RAG

RAG is only for medics i think
Reply 14
There is a rational reason behind this. You'll know its significance once you're fully inaugrated as a member of this event. :smile:
Reply 15
See, I was OK with this until you mentioned signficance, and being fully "inaugrated" Please don't tell me this involves vaseline, to ANY extent.
No Spidey, a pineapple with Astroglide.
Reply 17
That's worse than a bollard!

Oh yeah...if we're going off topic, give us a shout!
Spider
See, I was OK with this until you mentioned signficance, and being fully "inaugrated" Please don't tell me this involves vaseline, to ANY extent.

don't do it man. if he 'inaugrates' you, you're only one drunken footfall away from falling down the stairs into his dungeon.and you can forget vaseline, this kid don't mess about, it'll be straight onto the stirrups for you kid.

the cruelest part is that after he's been training you at running up stairs, you'll think you've got what it takes to make a quick dash for freedom. but that's when he gets you, he'll be waiting at the top of the stairs. full rubber gimp mask and a latex dildo attached to the top of his head, he'll crack his whip and you'll be down on your knees again. :reddy:
Reply 19
I don't know what's more worrying. The sausage fest* that this conversation has become, or the fact that I'm still reading it!

* I see dreama, but she's the only girl amongst all the boys, so I'll leave her out

Latest