The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

addict
cool, is that halls of residents?
Where you gonna park your car?!!?

No. Have a flat there with a friend. Love the place. Ahah, the car is back in Portugal... Here I'm getting a trustworthy little Vespa thing to buzz around.
Reply 61
Shame about the SL!! You would get some FINE girls with that beast!!

Whats a Vespa??
addict
:eek: shame on you!

Heres a pick to make you drool!!
http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images/000/145/313_Mercedes%20SLR.JPG

wow *crikey* i am drooling!
addict
Shame about the SL!! You would get some FINE girls with that beast!!

Whats a Vespa??

One of those scooter things
http://www.uk.vespa.com/_vti_g2_vers.asp?brand=VESPA&country=GB&language=EN&mod=VGP-LX&vers=VGP-LX125

Yeah.. I might bring the SL up to London sometime after christmas. Would be cool to drive it through spain and france too.
I'm 22, nearly 23 and I still can't drive. It sucks. :frown:
addict
When did you get your license ? about 2 years ago
What car do you drive ? Subaru Impreza WRX Turbo (any going to UCL in september will hear all about it after a few months!)
How much did it cost ? about £35k after extras
Do you think it was worth the money you paid ? Hell yeah, I can beat nearly ANY car on the road
Any good/bad points about your car? No. Apart from a bit of turbo lag.
What would you give your car out of 10 ? 9/10
What would be your dream car ?
Im driving my dream car!! I will be getting something better in december. Im thinking about a new Mercedes SLK55 AMG.

holy lord !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Your car must have cost the earth and the insurance on a Subaru must go thorgh the roof. You say you're stating uni in Sept which means you must be abot 18 or 19! Am I right. where the hell do you get the money to buy a maintain a Subaru at your age? :eek:
Reply 66
Ive got my test on the 15 Sept!!!!!
Bricking it, but I hope ill be ok!

WISH ME LUCK! :biggrin:
When did you get your license ? May 2005
What car do you drive ? Nissan micra :redface:
How much did it cost ? £1500
Do you think it was worth the money you paid ? yes
Any good/bad points about your car? good: cheap, cheerful, good fuel eco bad: no power steering, no back windscreen wiper, sunroof leaks (as I found out in the carwash...), clutch is a bit iffy.
What would you give your car out of 10 ? 7.5/10
What would be your dream car ? Something small and fast ish, but with cruise control (damn my habit of nearly floating at 38mph past speed cams). The smart cars are tempting, I prefer smaller cars really.
addict
Im living in one of my parents flats in Chelsea...
Its a big 3 bed apt, so Ill be having some good partaays!

I cant stand the thought of living in a run down hall of residence. Sharing a bathroom makes me cringe!

Lemme know as well when ya having ya partys cos I'm living in London from Sept.
Reply 69
When did you get your license ? March this year
What car do you drive ? My Mum's Dihatsu Terrios (Little 4x4 thing)
How much did it cost ? £11,000 new I think
Do you think it was worth the money you paid ? I didn't. But no, probably not as I wouldn't have bought that type of car!
Any good/bad points about your car? Quite nice to drive put pretty poor acceleration and cornering
What would you give your car out of 10 ? 6
What would be your dream car ? BMW 3 series/Vauxhall Monaro. And realistically Vauxhall Corsa/Ford Fiesta. Was looking to buy a Peugeot 106 but the pedals were really badly positioned for me and I got cramp in my leg!
Reply 70
addict
BTW, El Chueco probably doesnt earn that much! He just has parents that can afford to give him wicked cars like me.

I'm actually thinking of getting the powers that be to swap my maserati with a cl600 sv biturbo, but these italian supercar manufacturers don't tend to like giving german counterparts to their drivers...
Reply 71
When did you get your license ? 2 days before my 18th bday - could have put a downer on it but luckily i passed :wink:
What car do you drive ? Ford Fiesta 306
How much did it cost ? Duno coz it's the rents!!
Do you think it was worth the money you paid ? hmm, i guess...it gets from A to B (don't know how much it cost)
Any good/bad points about your car? YES! Bad Point - we have no power steering and the fiesta steering is VERY heavy, or ours is....my bro had one but his was fine?! Maybe there's a prob with ours. Anyway, you get used to it, and it's a good workout! - just a major prob if you need to do a maneuver quick. Not the smoothest drive - i was taught in a Ford Focus...mmmm, nice :biggrin:
What would you give your car out of 10 ? 8, it's fine, nothing special
What would be your dream car ? A silver hydrogen run car - eco-friendly and silver looks good and re-sells for most money
addict
I would LOVE to have the priveledge to drive/be in the presence of an SLR. Its such an awsome machine...

yes they are nice cars.
addict
When did you get your license ? about 2 years ago
What car do you drive ? Subaru Impreza WRX Turbo (any going to UCL in september will hear all about it after a few months!)
How much did it cost ? about £35k after extras
Do you think it was worth the money you paid ? Hell yeah, I can beat nearly ANY car on the road
Any good/bad points about your car? No. Apart from a bit of turbo lag.
What would you give your car out of 10 ? 9/10
What would be your dream car ?
Im driving my dream car!! I will be getting something better in december. Im thinking about a new Mercedes SLK55 AMG.

I would love to own a scooby. how old are you addict?
Reply 74
19. My parents got the me Scooby for my 18th Bday. I drove a 1.0 Yaris before that, it was quite an upgrade, lol.
Reply 75
Whats all the fuss about the SLR? Theres just some plastic add ons, louder exhausts and a much better engine
Reply 76
When did you get your license ? havent yet :redface:
What car do you drive ? VW Polo
How much did it cost ? £7k
Do you think it was worth the money you paid ? Yup, got it down by £2k so basically 2nd had prices
Any good/bad points about your car? small but ideal for me
What would you give your car out of 10 ? 8
What would be your dream car ?dunnnno
Reply 77
When did you get your licence? July 2004.
What car do you drive? A red (I'm a girl...) five-door diesel J-reg Peugeot 205.
How much did it cost? £350, if I remember correctly.
Do you think it was worth the money you paid? Easily.
Any good/bad points about your car? Nothing (so far!) has gone wrong with the enginey bits, which is always rather nice. It's small and easy to drive, despite not having power steering (so overrated! I learnt with power steering and occasionally drive my mum's posh Volvo, but I'm just a weak little girly and even I can manage to turn the wheel myself), fairly recognisable (bright red, and, ahem, "customised" - it's been bashed a couple of times (not by me), and has a twisted arial). I have lovely new tyres on it, which my daddy bought me, and a decent radio. Bad things? Electric windows would be nice, as would a slightly easier to open sunroof and proper heating. Oh, and the gearbox can be a bit stiff, but it just needs coaxing.
What would you give your car out of 10? For a cheap little car, I think it's pretty good. 8, maybe 9.
What would be your dream car? A red Triumph Spitfire. I love those things.
Reply 78
addict- why the WRX and not STI?
Reply 79
When did you get your license ? 21st may
What car do you drive ? VW Polo Fox
How much did it cost ? £400
Do you think it was worth the money you paid ? Definitely
Any good/bad points about your car? Funny rattling noise in the exhaust, going to garage soon
What would you give your car out of 10 ? 9
What would be your dream car ? Bentley

Latest

Trending

Trending