The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:bump:
Reply 2
metro2610
Which genre of music (any bands or artists in particular?) is the best to revise to in your opinion?

For me? Cool Jazz :yep:

Examples, please?
Anything I actually like. Although I worry that it distracts me :frown:
hmmm...i love listening to norah jones or someone like that, very relaxing and unevasive. i also work to jason mraz who's got to many words to sing along :biggrin:
Reply 5
I listen to whatever I like really, nothing specific to working (or the little revision I end up doing haha)

Though, if the work requires a good bit of concentration, I tend to opt for music pieces with no lyrics so they don't distract me too much :tongue:
Reply 6
Anything without lyrics. Music with lyrics interfere with the part of the brain that processes verbal information, dividing a person's attention and making it more difficult to revise.
i find music too distracting:frown:
classic fm baby. especially when I'm doing music revision- really gets me into the mood.
Reply 9
I am a bit of a metalhead and listening to that sort of music isn't really appropriate while trying to revise (I'm crap enough at that as it is...).

I'll listen to Muse or another band that has slower songs, I can still keep my focus then. When I'm doing coursework however I like to whack on the old Metallica and bash keys at full power! :biggrin:
Reply 10
jwn09
Examples, please?

Miles Davis, John Coltrane etc. Just so chilled and great for revising to.
Reply 11
Jenny_C
Anything without lyrics. Music with lyrics interfere with the part of the brain that processes verbal information, dividing a person's attention and making it more difficult to revise.

Exactly. You will end up singing along and forgot what you have just read a minute ago. I find piano, violin and saxophone music to be particularly helpful while studying.

Though that's just me. I would actually advise to study without any noise. I know it may be painfully boring but it's the most effectly when it comes to memorising (because humans in general can only do one thing at a time).
Reply 12
Jenny_C

Makes good sense actually, will keep it in mind :smile:
Reply 13
LOL anything on Classical FM, and like the OP said Jazz Jazz Jazz!

I listen to Dave Brubeck: Take 5
probably the best jazz song there ever was!

I also listen to bhangra music in the morning, it keeps me awake and gets me ready to go for the tonne of revision I have left:biggrin:
Reply 14
J DOT A
LOL anything on Classical FM, and like the OP said Jazz Jazz Jazz!
I listen to Dave Brubeck: Take 5
probably the best jazz song there ever was!

I also listen to bhangra music in the morning, it keeps me awake and gets me ready to go for the tonne of revision I have left:biggrin:

:cool:
stuff thats on my ipod (so basically most genres) i find that if i get into the work then the music just goes into the background so im not really listening to it

i cant revise without having music/tv on i just cant seem to work properly with no background noise - im just wierd like that lol :biggrin:
Reply 16
metro2610
:cool:

Have you heard Miles Davis; summertime?

gets me all the time :cool:
Reply 17
anything i like
Reply 18
Dubstep
Reply 19
Old skool pure garage :biggrin:

Latest