The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well im 5ft 8 and a size 8, as my natural size. I think it totally depends on the individual guy... I do get attention from guys but so do my mates who are mostly bigger, go out be confident regardless + have fun!! If all a guy sees is ur size he's not wroth it!!
campy
Lol, ok then, you just keep on believing that. Because at the end of the day I'm happier than you'll ever be. I can see so much more beauty in the world than someone as narrow minded and, quite frankly, stupid as you.

How do you know how happy he is? He was just expressing his personal opinion and if he finds size 12 fat, so be it. In my opinion, size 12 only looks good on girls who are around 6 foot tall. That's my opininion and I am not stupid by any standard.

I also disagree with your earlier point about slim girls not having boobs. I'm a size 8, but I have big boobs and curvy/hips bum. I suppose we might have different standards when it comes to what counts as big, but most people I know also agree with this assessment of my size.
Reply 122
We Demand Curves!
campy
I don't know anyone with ass or tits who are a size 8 or 10. At my perfect weight (I'm currently working on getting back to this, it's difficult) I was a 10 on my waist measurement but a 14 on hips and bust. I had to buy a 12 on top and have it too loose on the waist but too tight on the bust. Some tops I needed a 14 and even that was too tight round my bust.

ummm, me.
i'm a 30e and a size 8... if i didn't have boobs, i'd be a 6, as my waist is pretty damn tiny.
and i eat like a pig, i'm just naturally like that
I think sexiness comes from how someone carries their size (within reason, ofcourse) rather than what their actual size is.
aprilterri
I'm not insecure nor defensive. I am not commenting on you to defend myself. I am the first person who will tell you that I am fat, see my other posts. I am talking about girls, smaller than me, who are of healthy weight who ARE insecure and hearing that load of tat would make them feel bad about themselves.
I don't really care what size your friends, family and girlfriend are, that does not make you an expert on women's dress sizes. I have a load of uncles, dad, brother, cousins who are basically my brothers etc.. BUT this DOES NOT make an expert on mens clothing sizes and to use that as an argument is just foolish.
I am not saying that you should be helping them but you should be engaging a brain cell. There are insecure guys and girls asking for opinions on here every day so it is obvious that they care about random guys on the internet think.
Like I said I am fat size 14/16. So bigger then the sizes that I said constitutes as being overweight. Hence your argument is not really relative.
I don't usually get annoyed and quote people when they say silly things on TSR, so understand that I'm not saying this to have a go at you (like a lot of people on TSR), I am just trying to show you the flaws in what you have said.
The fact that I am not the only one who's mentioned this shows that I am not just a fat girl on an insecure rant.

This is the thing about british girls. You need to get outta your country more often, you'll see loads of size 8-10 girls with ass and tits.
The British always make the mistake of confusing fat with curvy
They look very skinny
Reply 127
tinywings
Really annoys me how people always use Kim Kardashian as an example of "curvy" girls. Even if you weighed the same as her/were the same size it's very unlikely you'd have a body like hers, it's just good genetics. Plus her boobs aren't even real anyway.

Yes!!! Thank you!!!! It's hard to find examples of ACTUAL average body types in the media. Either they're super skinny, rare/artificial "curvy" types, or else the few token fat girls that they keep around around.

Would any TSR girls be brave enough to post their actual pics? (Haha I don't want to because I wear a US size 8-- which I think is a UK size 10, which is now apparently fat. ...but to be fair, I'm also 5'10.)
Peachesishere
Excuse me? Did you just call your supposedly friends anorexic? Do you realise that is actually a very offensive insult? Have you ever been called fat? Or if you haven't I'm sure you can empathise with those who have been called fat and know how insulting it is? So calling somone anorexic is essentially just as bad, if not even worse because it's a MENTAL ILLNESS that ruins peoples lives. What kind of a friend are you? I would be so insulted if you said that to me, I can't begin to describe it. And also what do you mean 'apparantly most guys on here thinks that looks good' You think they are delusional in thinking being size 6-8 is attractive do you?

Btw you sound sort of envious of them? And to make yourself feel better you insult them? That's so pathetic and so many girls do it. I wish I was more curvy sometimes but I don't go around calling girls fat just to make myself feel better...

No? I called my friends who have an eating disorder, who visit a doctor and councelling services anorexic. As they are? I'm just saying that the only people I know who are size 6-8 are my friends who are suffering from an eating disorder.

I am also saying that on this forum many guys are saying "6-8 FTW!" and as the only people I know are 6-8 are anorexic (literally) it makes me feel as though this image is unattainable, and that the boys on here may be slightly delusional to what looks good. I know that some people are size 6-8 naturally, and I know that they look good too. But since I only know people who have an eating disorder who are that size, it just makes me feel as though its an unattainable image which the boys on TSR are throwing out there.

Please stop saying that I'm jealous and a bitch. I've had friends who have been in hospital for anorexia, my housemate became bulaemic last year, and my friend from school would exercise until she fainted. I've seen the damage it can cause to people, and their lives. Don't be so presumptive.
Advanced Subsidiary
What??

Not all of us are like that. I like size 12, 14 and 16's. Aslong as it compliments their height and body shape of course.

YAY!

I know there is loads that dont, but every time something like this comes up on TSR, there are a million guys who say that 10+ is too big. Makes me feel fat (I'm 5ft8 and size 12... not "fat" at all)
linkdapink
YAY!

I know there is loads that dont, but every time something like this comes up on TSR, there are a million guys who say that 10+ is too big. Makes me feel fat (I'm 5ft8 and size 12... not "fat" at all)

Everyone likes something different and there are PLENTY of guys who prefer us size 12s. Plus you have to bear in mind that size 12 can be quite chunky if you're 5'2, but it's a good size when you're 5'8. I'm the same height as you, and while I've been a size 10 before and felt happy with it, anything smaller than that would be too skinny for me.

But yeah, all the people being like "size 12 is fat!" make me feel a bit self-concious too :frown:
linkdapink
No? I called my friends who have an eating disorder, who visit a doctor and councelling services anorexic. As they are? I'm just saying that the only people I know who are size 6-8 are my friends who are suffering from an eating disorder.

I am also saying that on this forum many guys are saying "6-8 FTW!" and as the only people I know are 6-8 are anorexic (literally) it makes me feel as though this image is unattainable, and that the boys on here may be slightly delusional to what looks good. I know that some people are size 6-8 naturally, and I know that they look good too. But since I only know people who have an eating disorder who are that size, it just makes me feel as though its an unattainable image which the boys on TSR are throwing out there.

Please stop saying that I'm jealous and a bitch. I've had friends who have been in hospital for anorexia, my housemate became bulaemic last year, and my friend from school would exercise until she fainted. I've seen the damage it can cause to people, and their lives. Don't be so presumptive.

But you said "My ANOREXIC friends are like a 6/8, which apparently most guys on here think looks good." No, we never said anorexic girls look good. :no:
Becca_18
Yes!!! Thank you!!!! It's hard to find examples of ACTUAL average body types in the media. Either they're super skinny, rare/artificial "curvy" types, or else the few token fat girls that they keep around around.

Would any TSR girls be brave enough to post their actual pics? (Haha I don't want to because I wear a US size 8-- which I think is a UK size 10, which is now apparently fat. ...but to be fair, I'm also 5'10.)

I hate to break it to you, but a US size 8 is a British size 12 :p:
I miiiight be tempted to post a picture but I'm not sure if it would prove the point that size 12 isn't fat or if it would just make loads of people go "ewwwww, fat cow!" xD
riotgrrl
I hate to break it to you, but a US size 8 is a British size 12 :p:
I miiiight be tempted to post a picture but I'm not sure if it would prove the point that size 12 isn't fat or if it would just make loads of people go "ewwwww, fat cow!" xD

Salma Hayek is probably that size and I don't think any normal guy would call her fat. :coma:
Anonymous
Pretty much ever girl I know wants to be slimmer/thinner, I know i admire girls who are slim (like size 6/8) and would like to be a bit slimmer myself, but what do guys think of slim girls? Its all 'love your curves' now, and i know id rather not be stick thin and have a few curves - nice boobs, good hips etc, but at the expense of chunky legs etc?

like do you think this looks good? http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/superskinnymeafter.jpg (sorry first result on google!

This topic obviously required generalisation, so please assume that.

Skinny girls... where to start.

-Small breasts - unattractive
-Small arse - unattractive
-Thin arms and legs - disgusting
-Weak/fragile - not good
-Boney - yukkk

I don't think I'd enjoy bedding a skinny woman too much! Skinny is simply NOT attractive, any real man would agree - no offence to you people that actually think skinny women are nice or cute?! Probably just like feeling dominant over them or your a little man.
Real woman don't have to starve themselves to feel attractive <3
Stella476
I am a size 6-8 with 32G bust... And hips.
Kinda bothers me at times cos clothes are not meant for this, but whatevs. I'll live with it.

that sounsd sooo hot :P pics or i dont belive it :biggrin:
Jam4kate1991
This topic obviously required generalisation, so please assume that.

Skinny girls... where to start.

-Small breasts - unattractive
-Small arse - unattractive
-Thin arms and legs - disgusting
-Weak/fragile - not good
-Boney - yukkk

I don't think I'd enjoy bedding a skinny woman too much! Skinny is simply NOT attractive, any real man would agree - no offence to you people that actually think skinny women are nice or cute?! Probably just like feeling dominant over them or your a little man.
Real woman don't have to starve themselves to feel attractive <3

I don't really know how to express how stupid I think you are so let me just use this facepalm: :facepalm2:
Reply 137
Anonymous
Pretty much ever girl I know wants to be slimmer/thinner, I know i admire girls who are slim (like size 6/8) and would like to be a bit slimmer myself, but what do guys think of slim girls? Its all 'love your curves' now, and i know id rather not be stick thin and have a few curves - nice boobs, good hips etc, but at the expense of chunky legs etc?

like do you think this looks good? http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/superskinnymeafter.jpg (sorry first result on google!

I wouldn't describe her as 'skinny'.
RabbitCFH
I don't really know how to express how stupid I think you are so let me just use this facepalm: :facepalm2:

Forienger, please make sense, or use websites that are from your own country - go home. Try it again in English? You a stupid nerd virgin that would sleep with anything? Shut up. Idiot.
My boyfriend said the curvy ass thing was a myth, he said him and his friends like tight asses lol

Latest

Trending

Trending