The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP - First date advice needed!!

Hi guys - apologies for the long rambling post, anyone who has the patience to read and give constructive advice will get my eternal gratitude:wink:
I feel a bit daft asking for advice about this but I really need help! To give a cut down version of the story:
I (very) recently split from my husband, although it has been on the cards for a very long time (we've split before but I decided to give it another go) and we are not divorced yet, although this is going to happen.
Anyway, I was out the other weekend with my friends and bumped into this guy I know from work and have always thought he was lovely. We ended up i the same place at the end of the night, and we ended up snogging:biggrin:
We both agreed at the time it was a drunken snog, nothing more...but then he got in touch and asked me if I fancied going out for a drink.
So we're going out tomorrow night. I really like this guy but I am so scared!! Apart from my fears that someone will see us together and then everyone will know and there'll be loads of pressure on us, I've been out of the game for so long I just don't know what to do. Argh I feel like a bloody teenager again!
Please, please, please could you lasses (or lads) give me some tips/ do's and dont's for the first date???
Love xxxx
just keep it cool, and take things as they come :smile:

First dates are always awkward but atleast you both have the common ground of work, so you kind of know each other already. Just try not to talk too much about it tho.

You've split from your partner, and anyone that might see you should know that, and that you have every right to have a bit of fun and meet new people!

good luck!
Reply 2
ShortyGetLow
just keep it cool, and take things as they come :smile:

First dates are always awkward but atleast you both have the common ground of work, so you kind of know each other already. Just try not to talk too much about it tho.

You've split from your partner, and anyone that might see you should know that, and that you have every right to have a bit of fun and meet new people!

good luck!

Thanks ShortyGetLow. I'm going to try and relax, get a good nights sleep tonight (if I can sleep!:o: ) and then a day of girly pampering tomorrow before the big event :smile:
Reply 3
I think the most important thing is to RELAX and ENJOY yourself! (making yourself gorgeous so that you're confident should help too :smile: )
I dont think there are any real 'don'ts' except perhaps try to keep talk of past partners to a minimum. Like ShortyGetLow said I think u will find that u have lots to talk about so don't worry about that! And if it all goes as well as it should just a cheeky kiss at the end of the night to leave him wanting more is always a winner.
Good luck and remember to enjoy it!

Latest

Trending

Trending