Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yay. (why dont we have a post yet?)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
hhhmm...thats thats not very cool is it! - I have just called the Hall warden who was in a meeting. He's is going to give me a call back in half an hour and I will discuss the matter with. OK Anathema?

Jamie Turner
Sherwood Hall General Secretary 2005
manager of www.nottinghamstudent.co.uk
Reply 22
yeh, great. thanks.

(and if you find out when we're supposed to turn up too, it would be cool. everyone else seems to know!!)
Reply 23
lol - will do
Reply 24
i think i might put together some kind of crash course fresher survival guide on www.nottinghamstudent.co.uk -- give me a list of questions and i will try to put a list of answers on a page on the website.

If anyone else has got any questions i will try and answer these to

Jamie Turner
Sherwood Hall General Secretary 2005
manager of www.nottinghamstudent.co.uk
Reply 25
good taxi numbers will be good. and average prices of drinks, so we can budget for the first week. and things
Reply 26
its got the best taxi service on there already
with regards to how much you will spend in the first week - it'll be an amount you would be embarrased to tell your parents!!! lots
Reply 27
yes, but my parents will be paying for it. unless I pay out of the money im currently (and yes, im at the office now pretending to work) earning.

welll... I need to know how much to ask for. how much is a pint of kronnenburg generally for eg? is drink any cheaper in the halls? do they have any decent beers at all ?(i dont want to spend the year drinking fosters/tetley if i can help it.)
Reply 28
theres a full listing of every bar in nottingham on www.nottinghamstudent.co.uk

all the hall bars have different drink - cheaper than nottingham

you can pay anything for a drink in notts from £1.50 a pint in weatherspoons to probably 4 quid in the lace market area
Reply 29
lovely.cheers
right ... hall bars are fairly cheap but they have carlsberg as main suppliers therefore they have carlsberg/export etc not kronenburg!! theyre fairly cheap, about 20p more per pint than HuStu if i remmeber correctly theyre approx £1.50 for carling/tetleys!!
Reply 31
large range of 'smoking requisites'. I love the wording. (from the imagine shop on your site)
Reply 32
so yukky manly beers then...
Reply 33
i know - quaint isn't it! lol
oh and you spoke bout wetherspoons being cheap ... ever wondered why their draft tastes so rough?? its cos they buy all the nearly out of date stock off the breweries thats how theyre so cheap, also their health and safety is poor i dont think they ever do line cleans from the taste of my last pint in there ...
Reply 35
yep..and they dont sell southern comfort or bacardi., I drink girly drinks in wethersoons and I have to drink malibu, which is as girl as it gets. or that tennasee whisky stuff.
Jack Daniels you mean, they do a cheap bacardi which tastes like pish, still it aint as bad as the Glens white rum most hall bars do (i think) which is cheap and nasty from Matty Clarke lol

not as bad as Imperium vodka, or my favourite (and cheapest) romanoff (carlsbergs own make of vodka, made in england!!)!!
Reply 37
oh and you spoke bout wetherspoons being cheap ... ever wondered why their draft tastes so rough?? its cos they buy all the nearly out of date stock off the breweries thats how theyre so cheap, also their health and safety is poor i dont think they ever do line cleans from the taste of my last pint in there ...

thats probably why so many scallies drink there then!
Reply 38
nah, not JD... thats more expensive. Tennasee bell, thats it. its their version of southern comfort. Glens is rank, that was the house double at the pub i worked in earlier this summer. They had Imperium too. Personally I dont drink vodka- bad experiance when I was 13.
Reply 39
We've got 3 wetherspoons pubs in Norwich

Latest

Trending

Trending