The Student Room Group

student finance 5 years

I am currently doing a course with an integrated foundation year at one institution, however I have applied via ucas to transfer. I really do not like the course as the foundation year is generic and only has one module related to the main course I am actually going on to studying, and I'm scared that because of the other modules it may not go well.

I have an unconditional offer with another institution but it's with an integrated foundation year, which would mean I will have to have an extra four years of Student Finance. Would I still be able to receive it even though I would then be studying for 5 years?
Original post by caprisun2323
I am currently doing a course with an integrated foundation year at one institution, however I have applied via ucas to transfer. I really do not like the course as the foundation year is generic and only has one module related to the main course I am actually going on to studying, and I'm scared that because of the other modules it may not go well.

I have an unconditional offer with another institution but it's with an integrated foundation year, which would mean I will have to have an extra four years of Student Finance. Would I still be able to receive it even though I would then be studying for 5 years?

Hi there,

What is the name of the institution and course you are looking to transfer to? How many years of study have you done so far? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

What is the name of the institution and course you are looking to transfer to? How many years of study have you done so far? Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross,

I was looking to transfer to Brighton (I'd rather not disclose the course I'm applying to if that's okay) and by the end of this academic year I would have studied one year. The course I have an offer to is for 4 years.

Thank you!
Hi Ross,

I was looking to transfer to Brighton (I'd rather not disclose the course I'm applying to if that's okay) and by the end of this academic year I would have studied one year. The course I have an offer to is for 4 years.

Thank you!

Hi there,

We need to know the course information so we can confirm if there is funding available. Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Oh sorry, It's Bsc Business Management with Integrated Foundation Year
Thank you for confirming. Is it only 1 year previous study you have? Thanks, Ross
Reply 6
Thank you for confirming. Is it only 1 year previous study you have? Thanks, Ross

Hi, Yes it's only one year, and the course of the previous study was supposed to be 4 years.
Hi, Yes it's only one year, and the course of the previous study was supposed to be 4 years.

Hi there,

If you have only studied 1 year previously you would be eligible for the support for all years of the new course. If you have to repeat any years you would need to apply for Compelling Personal Reasons to gain an extra year of funding. Thanks, Ross
Reply 8
Hi there,

If you have only studied 1 year previously you would be eligible for the support for all years of the new course. If you have to repeat any years you would need to apply for Compelling Personal Reasons to gain an extra year of funding. Thanks, Ross

Ah okay so the next 4 years would be funded? Thank you so much!
Ah okay so the next 4 years would be funded? Thank you so much!

Yeah. You're welcome, any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending