The Student Room Group

PanOxyl helps my spots but makes my face VERY RED and VERY dry!!?

Scroll to see replies

Big_Joe_1234
I got PanOxyl 10% facewash about 4 days ago from my dermatologist and it seems to be working although it makes my face really red and dry. I put on moisturiser for the day but it's still making it really red. It looks sunburnt!

I also use Differin cream at night gave to me by my dermatologist.

Anyone had this problem? Does it always make your face red the first couple of times?

Thx

The reason it makes your face red is because it's too harsh. I'd recommend you stop using it. It happened to me a few times as well, it made my spots better but reddened my face.
I used that, but progressed from 2.5, to 5 and finally to 10, so it never really affected my skin in that way. I was told that I might experience redness in the first week or so, so maybe give it a little more time?? Oh, and try moisturising aswell :smile:
Reply 22
And i'm thinking of just washing in the affected areas, would this be right? or should I just wash my whole face?
Reply 23
I have the same problem, I have been using the cream for a long time. When using the cream over and over again constantly my skin starts to go itchy and red as well as being very blotchy. I use an oil free moisturizer, which seems to hydrate my skin really well. As well as this my skin does not start to sting when you put the moisturiser on. I generally use the cream for a couple of days a lot, then stop using it and let the redness go down, then start using it again. I know that it is annoying to stop using it, but this is the only way that I have been able to use it as it does really work on my skin.

Also, by eating really well and drinking lots of water my skin does not seem to be as dry.

Hopefully this is of some help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest