The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
jawaidali
i want to friend ship with you
[email protected]

friendship me!!! I'll be the best friend you've never had
Because I'm a werewolf :yep:

Nah, I guess they're just saying they are not like stereotypical girls, but all girls are into things that aren't stereotypically girly really, and not into things that are.
(edited 13 years ago)
kim1234567
Guys do it too.:shifty:

No?!
I don't think I've ever felt the need to say this. I am a female stereotype in a few ways but completely not in most others and it's quite obvious so I wouldn't need to say it. Doesn't stop a guy going "Women!!! :rolleyes:" if I get angry at them for something though because obviously it must be because I'm a woman and not because they've done anything wrong.
I<3LAMP
I am a typical girl and MOAR!

I love handbags, shoes, men in shorts whilst they chase other men in possession of a ball and drinking beer. Do I win?

I never say I'm not like other girls.
I also like rugby boys, clothes and soppy films. Well, not too soppy.
What it means is: "I'm not like those hypothetical other girls who you wouldn't like."
(edited 13 years ago)
Because, shock horror, not all girls are the same.
i don't say this... but lots of people tell me it!! lol. just cos i am a raving looney basically, not sure if its bad or good to be so "different"!!
beci.please
The stereotypical girl is **** and, albeit highly likely that i am, i dont want to be that.
I also have a penis.

Mmmmm, you're even sexier than I thought. :sexface:
Because there are loads of threads complaining about the "stereotypical girl" when really there are hardly any girls like this if you actually get to know them.
Reply 30
miranda-ae
Because, shock horror, not all girls are the same.

This. And personally, I don't know many girls that go around publicly declaring that they're 'not like other girls.' And if they do, I guess they don't want to be tainted with that stereotypical brush. Like some guys don't want to be known as players, etc. It works both ways dude.
Reply 31
JubWeMet
These galdems are under the misconception that they are special or something, fair enough but why does ALOT of girls say this?

If you're a girl and you think this, what makes you different from other girls?

If you're a guy, does your girlfriend say this? (Even if you're single, the question applies)

:cool:

Because they're EXACTLY the same as other girls.
I've never said this to anyone, although I sort of think that it's true, mainly because everyone is different.
Because I'm not a tangerine. :yep:

In all seriousness, it's because no two girls are the same, unless one of them is copying the other. Everyone has something that makes them a bit different.

Now, you've had your question. My turn.

Why does every boy ask for a sandwich? Aren't any of you original enough to ask for pie? Or pizza?
(edited 13 years ago)
kat2pult
I think it's because girls are stereotypically babyish, love pink and makeup, and really love pink make up, expect you to buy things for them when you're out, moan at you for the tiniest things and get super jealous if you even glance at another woman. As this stereotype isn't true for many people, I suppose that is why a lot of girls say they're different from other girls.

Yeah, pretty much summed up all of what I was going to say.
Girls are stupid. Don't listen to them.
Gandalf_is_a_girl
Because they don't want to be seen in the same group as those slags who dance in their underwear to Soulja Boy on Youtube.

DITTO THIS.
Female behaviour gets a lot of criticism. If you don't wear makeup, you're ugly; if you do, you're conformist/insecure. If you sleep with more than one guy, you're a slag; if you don't, you're frigid. We don't really have many ways of defending ourselves from all these double standards other than by saying 'we're not like that'.

But that makes us sound up ourselves, apparently.

Same ****, different day.

Latest

Trending

Trending