The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i think its retarded
When I was a kid we used to have glass milk bottles delivered: I was aye tripping over them as I bolted out the door to school in the morning (I was often late).

My parents still have coal delivered.
Reply 22
JubJub211
Me. We get two pints delivered right on the foot off our doorway everyday at 7am, one half pint is fed to the cat who is getting abit on the chubby side and one and a half pint lasts us just about a day. In addition, we do have UHT milk as back up but we use pint milks because we're used to opening the bottles and recycling them and it also tastes more pure because of the way it's stored.

Cats are lactose intolerant... giving them milk will/does result in diorrhoea and maybe other things too which I'm not sure about :erm:
Reply 23
I still do. There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning and finding that you have no milk for coffee or cornflakes.
Me! I do :smile:
We did up until they stopped doing it around here.

Am I the only one who thinks that the milk that comes in glass bottles (i.e, the milkman milk) tastes way better?

The stuff from the supermarket always tastes really ... like ... dilute.

*Beginnings of a conspiracy theory*.
Reply 26
the writer
i think its retarded

How is it retarded?
mel0n
Cats are lactose intolerant... giving them milk will/does result in diorrhoea and maybe other things too which I'm not sure about :erm:

MOST Cats are. Not all. If their cat handles it fine, then no harm done.
mel0n

How come you always see cats drinking from a bowl of milk on TV and whatnot? I was surprised when I heard they were lactose intolerant a while back.
lovely fresh mik
Reply 30
CombineHarvester
How come you always see cats drinking from a bowl of milk on TV and whatnot? I was surprised when I heard they were lactose intolerant a while back.

They do like it :h: it just tends to give them diorrhoea. Not everything tasty is good for you :p:
Yup. And a bottle of orange juice on a Friday :h:
Reply 32
We get it delivered to the door, and we buy extra at supermarkets.
The guy usually comes at around 1-3am so I'm often awak to see/hear him.
We do! He brings us eggs as well. And Christmas puddings at Christmas. He also has a vineyard and recently we ordered some of his home made wine.
We have a lovely milkman. We get three bottles delivered a couple of times a week.
Reply 34
My parents get milk delivered in glass pint bottles, as well as orange juice in the same type bottles and these cute Welsh yoghurts which come in some strange flavours like gooseberry and banana. It costs more (58p a pint I think), but they like to support local dairies.
its not really an option here anymore

people are mobile and we have more supermarkets ow so its not even a viable business i guess
Reply 36
We do. :smile:
I'm over here in the states and I have never had that. Meh, we aren't real bigilk drinkers in my house anyway.
johno090
How is it retarded?

Don't feed the troll. :hmmm:

Anyway, I my parents are the type to prefer to be more in control of their milk buying; we never got it delivered.
(edited 13 years ago)
I do, the milkman always comes at around 1/2AM and delivers to a few people in our street. It's somewhat problematic, as in Winter the milk freezes because it's left outside for so long.

But many lolz can be had from this predicament. I was locked out one night so was waiting for my dad to get back from his night shift (about 3AM) and the milkman pulls up outside our house. I didn't mean to make him scream, all I said was "Morning" when he walked up the path....apparently he hadn't seen me. He dropped our milk :frown: I had to have dry cereal the following breakfast :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending