The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I love swimming when I got time... Don't have a six pack but I've got muscly arms though. :sexface:
Reply 21
newts2k
I was speakin to a friend earlier and she was saying that she loves swimmers bodies the best, i.e. tall, broad shoulders, strapping etc. Does this apply to most women as well? If not which sportsmen would you say has the best body

Swimmers aren't necessarily tall..

I am a swimmer, I am 5'10". You can check my profile pictures if you like but i would say i am only particularly dense.. not huge...
Reply 22
Sovr'gnChancellor£
Obviously the swimmer's body is the best, both in looks and health.

People do not realise that a swimmer has the best physique because it is natural and healthy and the whole body is worked by the sport.

The muscles look healthy and strong and not too much and not too little.

This is why swimmers have the best physique of all sportsmen.

I disagree..

Because 'best' is entirely subjective. My body for example has an incredibly high metabolic rate, i consume nearly 3000 calories a day just to maintain muscle density. Swimmers cannot be huge [in sprints atleast] because it compromises stability in the water.
However stick me in a running competition and I am at a severe disadvantage [although i am still a fast sprinter].
Reply 23
Sovr'gnChancellor£
I may not be a girl, but I do think that swimmers (both male and female) have the best physiques.

I, myself, am a competitive swimmer and I can vouch for this.:smile:

Yeah well... Shhh :biggrin:
Yes, yes, YES! Swimmers definitely have the best bodies; not too muscly and not skinny. Just ******* hot! Michael Phelps is a fine example, though the fact that he's double jointed scares the hell out of me. Anyway, I usually find the Male swimming and diving events the most interesting in Sport competitions :P
Reply 25
depresseduser
why do you care?

you're probably not a swimmer.

are you going to start swimming just to get girls if they say they like them? TSR is so pathetic :facepalm:

LOOL.
Reply 26
[QUOTE='[Shadowplay]']I love swimming when I got time... Don't have a six pack but I've got muscly arms though. :sexface:

no you dont

i can pretty much guarantee your arms are no bigger than 14in.

get out some tape and measure
Reply 27
Comeheretellme
Yes, yes, YES! Swimmers definitely have the best bodies; not too muscly and not skinny. Just ******* hot! Michael Phelps is a fine example, though the fact that he's double jointed scares the hell out of me. Anyway, I usually find the Male swimming and diving events the most interesting in Sport competitions :P

Tom Daley, Thats a body i WANT! My body has nothing on his :frown:.
Micheal phelps is unstable on land! :biggrin:
Reply 28
[QUOTE='[Shadowplay]']I love swimming when I got time... Don't have a six pack but I've got muscly arms though. :sexface:
Thats gotta be fantastic for butterfly but absolutely awful for backstroke and freestyle and breastroke... Unless you do open water or VERY long distance :L.
Reply 29
Bishamon
I would say you are phucking small, also forgo with the "I have a really high natural metabolism" broscience. The swimmers have such high metabolic rates is because their training is so ******* intense.

I would say your opinion means very little on the matter. I achieve my times which apparently are very good! :p:

FYI, did i once say 'natural' metabolic rate? No, I train.. HARD. 6 times a week in the afternoon for two hours a session and 1-1 and a half hours three times a week in the morning. Your body on your profile pic is inefficient for swimming.
(edited 13 years ago)
connie93

PHWOAR

For my money gymnasts have great bodies, both aesthetically and in terms of what they can do. Gymnasts need to have great strength, balance, flexibility and speed and carry a good amount of muscle and no unnecessary weight.

I'm not a gymnast myself (it's the kind of thing you need to get into when you're young) but as a weightlifter some of the bodyweight strength feats they can perform are really impressive (Iron Cross, anyone?).

Below the really elite level, swimmers are generally pretty skinny, as are most people who aren't involved in strength-based sports. If you plan to be in the Olympics, you might get a good body from swimming, otherwise girls aren't really going to notice much beyond you not being fat.
Reply 31
Chumbaniya
For my money gymnasts have great bodies, both aesthetically and in terms of what they can do. Gymnasts need to have great strength, balance, flexibility and speed and carry a good amount of muscle and no unnecessary weight.

I'm not a gymnast myself (it's the kind of thing you need to get into when you're young) but as a weightlifter some of the bodyweight strength feats they can perform are really impressive (Iron Cross, anyone?).

Below the really elite level, swimmers are generally pretty skinny, as are most people who aren't involved in strength-based sports. If you plan to be in the Olympics, you might get a good body from swimming, otherwise girls aren't really going to notice much beyond you not being fat.

It all depends, different swimmers have different builds if they specialize. However in my opinion divers and gymnasts have fantastic bodies. Especially the girls...
Reply 32
Ocassus
Tom Daley, Thats a body i WANT! My body has nothing on his :frown:.
Micheal phelps is unstable on land! :biggrin:

People desire to look like 14 year olds?

Only on TSR

Anyway, physical perfection has and will always lie with 100m sprinters, gridiron players (rugby less so) and BB.

Reply 33
:eek: **** I need to start swimming.
Reply 34
Ocassus
I would say your opinion means very little on the matter. I achieve my times which apparently are very good! :p:

FYI, did i once say 'natural' metabolic rate? No, I train.. HARD. 6 times a week in the afternoon for two hours a session and 1-1 and a half hours three times a week in the morning. Your body on your profile pic is inefficient for swimming.

Yes, you're right. However I find swimmers bodies ******* odd, its the reason as to why their bodies are so efficient for their chosen sport. You seem to fit this status quo, long torso and rather short legs. This kinda goes against aesthetically pleasing where muscle bellies need to be long in general.
Reply 35
Bishamon
People desire to look like 14 year olds?

Only on TSR

Anyway, physical perfection has and will always lie with 100m sprinters, gridiron players (rugby less so) and BB.

Thats your opinion. The bodies you have linked would be useless for diving, swimming [any style], gymnastics etc. So no, that is not physical perfection in my view. For raw strength perhaps, but raw strength =/= perfection.

Also, hes my age, 16.

Met him, seen him train, and he puts in just as much effort as you do into your protein powered meatheaded gym-going. If not more. Very nice guy.

Keep your deluded opinions to yourself...
Reply 36
Bishamon
Yes, you're right. However I find swimmers bodies ******* odd, its the reason as to why their bodies are so efficient for their chosen sport. You seem to fit this status quo, long torso and rather short legs. This kinda goes against aesthetically pleasing where muscle bellies need to be long in general.

Then why pray tell are swimmers praised by many as 'hot athletes'?

[FYI i do not consider myself hot, I consider myself built for what i do and nothing more].

EDIT : Apologies about me calling you deluded, it was uncalled for...
Reply 37
Ocassus
Thats your opinion. The bodies you have linked would be useless for diving, swimming [any style], gymnastics etc. So no, that is not physical perfection in my view. For raw strength perhaps, but raw strength =/= perfection.

Also, hes my age, 16.

Met him, seen him train, and he puts in just as much effort as you do into your protein powered meatheaded gym-going. If not more. Very nice guy.

Keep your deluded opinions to yourself...

Its a public forum, all our opinions are warranted. Besides I dont think I need to be told Dalye trains very hard does not take a genius to work that out however I think "perfection" is a balance of speed, agility, strength and athleticism. The guys I have posted have those in numbers.
Reply 38
Bishamon
Its a public forum, all our opinions are warranted. Besides I dont think I need to be told Dalye trains very hard does not take a genius to work that out however I think "perfection" is a balance of speed, agility, strength and athleticism. The guys I have posted have those in numbers.

Speed at what? Running? Because i assure you their speed in the water isn't going to very good. Agility? Well if we are going with that what about hurdle jumpers who happen to be FAST and agile. Athleticism, i am assuming you mean endurance? Nevermind then that Open water swimming and Triathlete competitions such as the Ironman require considerably more effort, regardless of muscle mass.....
Swimmers and Ice hockey players for me. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending