The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well sorry we aren't all as smart as you.
Ive been working on it for months, and its hard for me.
Access is just a really bad program, but its my only option.
If you dont need help, then why post on a message board designed for those who do?
Reply 61
Good luck everybody! 12th May 2003
Reply 62
you call people geeks then tell them they suck at VB. what is your definition of geek? someone who CAN'T use stupid programming languages? Jerk
Reply 63
THIS coursework is a piece of piss, the only hard thing is write up,
the system doesn't even have to work just show screen shots of it "working"(superficial), all the marks are in write up so dont get carried away with program even though it piss easy in access.
Reply 64
diiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 65
Hey ppl how is the UKAB Going

I'm in Computing lesson now should really bbe doing coursework i suppose
Its not going to be honest. Its totally stopped.
The implimentation is a pain in the neck, and nobody on here is helpful
Reply 67
This fucking course work is a piece of shit! Our teacher taught all the clever kids but left us fucking spastics on our own! We have 3 days to do the whole of the project. And my girl friend is pregnant and it's due tommorow! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Just don't shag people all the time coz you will pay dear!
Reply 68
glad to hear ur a father!
...i need some documentation.
...i dont think it is hard, just we're all lasy!!

GJ
Ive found a site with the project on there for free.
But im not going to tell you the link :smile:.

Well, to be honest, it isnt brilliant, and im not sure what works of it yet, but it looks right.

Acually thats cruel; i might tell people the link.

Its mostly in VB, but theres a bit of access as well.

If i spread it around too much though, the exam board will know its just copied from their, especially if the same things come up too many times.

I know people are going to want to e-mail me about it, and my e-mail is in my profile on here, i think, if your that desperate.
Reply 70
maths ain't piss,and computing ain't as diffcult as other subjects.just need time for doin this corsewrok (which i haven't had).we got our corsework 3months later then the deadline.had sum f*ed up freshy teacher.different each day.u lot should try doing psychology :-| now that will give u a headache.i'm gonna fail comp.s i knw that :-( got soooo much to do in so little time. HELP ME! anywayz, good luk with ur corsework people.
Reply 71
I've basicly finished my project but I have all the writeup to do. I did mine in Delphi
Reply 72
it takes the piss that the coursework was set so late. we were told that the exam would be at the end of may, but then told a week later that it was in 2 weeks!!!!!!
ive bin working on it non stop and im still nowhere near finished. ives spent four hourse doing it today!
Reply 73
i made myne in publisher i also used machine code! my name is laura heathfield y did u deletemyother post! im giving birth soon! or is just because im sooo fat!
Reply 74
basically ppl im studyin at uni - computer programmin

i no a few ppl who are doin this ukab project (imaginar xam board?)

the programmin on here is extremely simple on vb

it can b done in a hour or so

whoever is doing this project on vb i will b hapopy to help because 2 me this is very easy

gd luk 2 every1 else
Reply 75
I don't understand what the fuss is about here... It's so straight forward in something like Access. Why over complicate things by using something like Pascal or Delphi? Even VB is over compensating in my opinion. Just make the tables in Access, do a few Forms and Reports and stuff and that's the basics done.

As for the report, that's easy as well. Long and time consuming but that's understandable.

And what would a university student get out of doing it for people?

For those of you that are talking about being failed at this stage are talking rubbish as well. You can't fail this coursework/written part before the exam, that's impossible. Your teachers just tell you stuff like that so you get it done. It's not handed in until the end of the exam on the 12th, so just get it done. There's ages yet.

Good luck, and all that.
Reply 76
Damn CPT3!

I did a cracking project for last year's CPT3 but messed up in the exam so now I'm having to resit. I'm telling ya, this regrading one is far harder than last year's... anyway - I'm REALLY stuck on getting Access to come out with a grade after you type in a mark - how on earth do you do that?! Someone, pleeeeeease help!!
Reply 77
That would be the Hospital Equipment one? That was far easier, yes.

The grade thing is a bit complex, but it can be done in a query. I'm not about to tell you how to do it, but read up on If Statements in Access (queries).

If you need help with it, I may give you more pointers, but not on here.
Reply 78
Yeah - last year's was the Hospital Loans System (ahh, the nostalgia..) Thanks for your info!
Reply 79
Hello dudes!

You r funny...how could you have done that project in few hours? That's damn impossible..it took me some months to complete, in fact i knew nothing about programming and stuff, and i've complited my project in VB, my teacher has done 80% for me, :smile: she wasn't going to help any1, i was just going after her telling i don't understand all the time, and now i've done it, :biggrin:

The project is much easier if you do it in access, but there isn't much point of making sure it works. All you have to do is to write your project works, just make some damn print outs, or you can write all the print outs in word. That is for the letter, three weeks period thing, from particular centre etc. And make sure you have testing, you gotta need to have validation thing, that is for between 10k and 80k stuff, just make a msg box saying that, lol. No1 will ever check, i was told that they won't be reading your print outs, only the answers on the questions, just make sure you've read the past paper questions, and make stupid testing...

For the guy who asked about how to print the logo, is it for letter ? Just put the pic into word and write your letter there, no1 will be checking coding, just say it works, lol. If you still wanna do it by coding you will need this:

Printer.PaintPicture Picture1.Picture (where Picture1 is the name of pic)

Don't forget about data flow diagrams and table relationships.. there r lots of website where you can check all that.

Some of you who have difficulties compliting stupid project, go to yahoo chat , programming ... there are some ppls who will do the project for you for just £30-80... :wink:

Even if you fail to complete the project thing, you can pass the as computing; 1,2 units are much more important than this project stuff.

Hope that Helps,

#MHM#

Latest

Trending

Trending