The Student Room Group

Honestly, what is the best UU campus?

Out of the four UU campuses, what one would say is best in terms of student life, teaching quality, campus resources etc? Things that really just make the experience worth while. Please don't bring Queens into this :P So yeah, what are your opinions? :smile:
Reply 1
.. I would say Magee, becuase of its historical background, use of resources and shops surrounding it. Although I have never been to the Belfsat campus :/
Reply 2
It would probs depend on the subject you want to do, i'm from Coleraine and i would say its pretty good, plenty of shops in the town centre (like a 30 minute walk from the uni), as well as loads of good pubs and clubs in Portrush and Portstewart. I have a few friends at UUC as well and i've never heard them complaining about the teaching or anything lol.
Reply 3
UUB is brilliant if you want to do art and design. Fantastic library, mac labs, lots of great software to use, printing press' etc. All of that is great but for the average student...

there is no local accommodation and services are woeful. No ATM, one restaurant, one cafe, one SU run bar, no student shop, no creche, no societies, no gym or anything like that and... the grounds outside are normally full of homeless drunks.

You are pretty much in the center of Belfast but if you want anything more student specific you do have to hike up towards Queens.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Coleraine. local shops, plenty of transport (trains and buses and cheap taxi fares)to and from uni, to and from local towns, clubs etc. Great on and off accommodation, friendly student community. nothing is too far away either.
im in jordanstown and its not that bad. the halls are really expensive tho, id have rather have lived somewhere cheaper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending