The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

how rough is Nottingham in terms of knife/gun crime?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Very. Not the highest in Europe but it is pretty common to get mugged whilst walking on the streets in broad daylight.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by irepislam
but then again if people said surrey, the bias would be completely reversed, that's why i asked the question.

now shutup

If you wanted a split of opinions then you would ask in the General University Discussion forum. Jheez man :facepalm2:
I've been to notts plenty of times, and bussed it back after gigs (+10 O'clock) and the only crime i've saw is some guys robbing a dudes bike in the middle of the day. Most major cities are the same in my eyes
Reply 23
Original post by irepislam
thanks... also...

nottingham vs surrey (which one has a better reputation as a uni)?

Are you kidding? Nottingham has one of the best reputations in the country in most areas.
Nottingham is an amazing city! I've lived here all my life and never had the desire to live anywhere else.
In terms of gun and knife crime it really depends where you go; there are some really rough areas but if you don't go there you don't get shot. Simple
As for Nottingham vs Surrey I think you know my answer, in fact I've applied here myself.
Nottingham has over 42,000 gun crimes in 2017 already and we are only just hitting the fourth month I can proudly say that no matter what Nottingham is one of the worst places to live in the hole country Nottingham is on the top 10 of worst places to live in the hole world.
Original post by DaqksOfficial
Nottingham has over 42,000 gun crimes in 2017 already and we are only just hitting the fourth month I can proudly say that no matter what Nottingham is one of the worst places to live in the hole country Nottingham is on the top 10 of worst places to live in the hole world.

42,000?? That's more than the entire country. Where is your source?
Original post by Aidan.reed
42,000?? That's more than the entire country. Where is your source?

Buzzfeed :P

Crime numbers have declined since last December if this is to believe:
http://www.ukcrimestats.com/Police_Force/Nottinghamshire_Police
Original post by MärkäMela
Buzzfeed :P

Crime numbers have declined since last December if this is to believe:
http://www.ukcrimestats.com/Police_Force/Nottinghamshire_Police

Ok, I can't see 42,000 anywhere I can see in January weapon crime 48 incidents and 53 the previous month (which doesn't direct say guns this could be any weapon). Your total of 42k seems reasonable for counting up all crimes which is around 9,000 a month, considering the population is 1.13 million....
Reply 29
You can search for crime statistics - the actual university had far less violent crimes than others I looked at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending