The Student Room Group

Transfer.

How do I transfer Universities? I'm in my first term at Aberystwyth doing English Literature, would like to transfer to Winchester.

Thanks for help.
Reply 1
Original post by Bonged.
How do I transfer Universities? I'm in my first term at Aberystwyth doing English Literature, would like to transfer to Winchester.

Thanks for help.

Talk to both universities. Organise a meeting with someone of relevant position at your university.
It may not even be possible, at all, depending on the lay out of the course, like what modules there are etc.

I highly doubt it will be possible for you to do it now.. i dont know if its even possible AT ALL? But dunno.

There is a small chance you may be able to do it so you change years at the end of your first year, but again.. depends on the course.. and if the university will actually want you or have space.
Reply 2
Original post by Tommyjw
Talk to both universities. Organise a meeting with someone of relevant position at your university.
It may not even be possible, at all, depending on the lay out of the course, like what modules there are etc.

I highly doubt it will be possible for you to do it now.. i dont know if its even possible AT ALL? But dunno.

There is a small chance you may be able to do it so you change years at the end of your first year, but again.. depends on the course.. and if the university will actually want you or have space.

The course I want to do is the same one I'm doing. Aberystwyth is ranked higher in the tables than Winchester so it seems like they would want me.

Why do you highly doubt it would be possible? Sorry I just don't have a clue about this.
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
Original post by Bonged.
The course I want to do is the same one I'm doing. Aberystwyth is ranked higher in the tables than Winchester so it seems like they would want me.

Why do you highly doubt it would be possible? Sorry I just don't have a clue about this.
This topic has been covered in a number of threads recently. I realise the Search function isn't working that well at the moment, but if you went back through recent pages of threads in this forum you'd have found something that would help you.

You can transfer universities, the issue is whether Winchester would accept you for second year entry or would expect you to start all over again. It depends on compatibility between courses, and this is why you need to ring them and find out what their view is. Just because Aber is listed higher in some league tables doesn't mean that Winchester will automatically accept you, by the way, and I'd take a rather more humble line if I were you.

Once you have clarified with Winchester what they are prepared to consider you for, you will need to submit a full application including PS and reference (which should be from your current uni, and must be if you are applying for transfer into the second year) through UCAS.

Even after all that, there are no guarantees that Winchester will accept you, although of course if you have discussed things fully with them first your chances are good.
Reply 5
Original post by Minerva
This topic has been covered in a number of threads recently. I realise the Search function isn't working that well at the moment, but if you went back through recent pages of threads in this forum you'd have found something that would help you.

You can transfer universities, the issue is whether Winchester would accept you for second year entry or would expect you to start all over again. It depends on compatibility between courses, and this is why you need to ring them and find out what their view is. Just because Aber is listed higher in some league tables doesn't mean that Winchester will automatically accept you, by the way, and I'd take a rather more humble line if I were you.

Once you have clarified with Winchester what they are prepared to consider you for, you will need to submit a full application including PS and reference (which should be from your current uni, and must be if you are applying for transfer into the second year) through UCAS.

Even after all that, there are no guarantees that Winchester will accept you, although of course if you have discussed things fully with them first your chances are good.

Sorry didn't mean to sound arrogant about Winchester was just being pragmatic.

Would you advise trying to transfer as soon as possible or completing first year?
Reply 6
Original post by Bonged.
Sorry didn't mean to sound arrogant about Winchester was just being pragmatic.

Would you advise trying to transfer as soon as possible or completing first year?
Depends what you are trying to do - ie, are you wanting to continue with the same subject? - and why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending