Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had one yet?
    I have mine for the 8th at 1:15pm, and am rather worried.

Does anyone have any advice? i heard there is a mathematical test? what sort of things come up?

Any advice will be appreciated, thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I had mine about a week ago, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

You do have to answer 2 short (and quite easy - I got them right and I haven't done maths since GCSE) maths questions (just converting units and simple times-ing)

You have to do something to do with chemistry/biology (so draw a molecule/drug, someone had label a diagram of the heart I think)

Don't be worried, everyone is lovely, and before the interview you've got time to chat to other applicants, and depending on what group you're in, you'll get a tour too

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey i was at reading last wednesday too maybe i saw u holly loool and they asked me about different sectors of pharmacy (remeber to say academic, that was the only 1 i missed out and it turned out that my interviewer was an academic pharmacist lol but she just laughed :P) and she asked me to talk about my work experience so make sure u have read over ur personal statment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly93)
    Hey! I had mine about a week ago, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

You do have to answer 2 short (and quite easy - I got them right and I haven't done maths since GCSE) maths questions (just converting units and simple times-ing)

You have to do something to do with chemistry/biology (so draw a molecule/drug, someone had label a diagram of the heart I think)

Don't be worried, everyone is lovely, and before the interview you've got time to chat to other applicants, and depending on what group you're in, you'll get a tour too

Good luck!
    hey did u go reading on the 1st of dec?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomly)
    Hey i was at reading last wednesday too maybe i saw u holly loool and they asked me about different sectors of pharmacy (remeber to say academic, that was the only 1 i missed out and it turned out that my interviewer was an academic pharmacist lol but she just laughed :P) and she asked me to talk about my work experience so make sure u have read over ur personal statment
    ohh ok did you get an offer what sort of questions where you asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeddude)
    Anyone had one yet?
    I have mine for the 8th at 1:15pm, and am rather worried.

Does anyone have any advice? i heard there is a mathematical test? what sort of things come up?

Any advice will be appreciated, thankyou
    i have got mine on the 8th as well......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomly)
    hey did u go reading on the 1st of dec?
    yeh i was.... were you there too? how odd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharmgirl2009)
    ohh ok did you get an offer what sort of questions where you asked?
    Ye i got an offer xD. They asked about ur work experience, Why Pharmacy, What sectors of pharmacy there were and which sector i want to work in. Also there was a maths and chem question to do but is easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomly)
    Ye i got an offer xD. They asked about ur work experience, Why Pharmacy, What sectors of pharmacy there were and which sector i want to work in. Also there was a maths and chem question to do but is easy
    ohk thats good had mine yesterday as well... hopefully i would get one as well. when did you hear back from them?

ReputationRep:
    ohk thats good had mine yesterday as well... hopefully i would get one as well. when did you hear back from them?
    Within a week, hope u get in mate. What other unis did u apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomly)
    Within a week, hope u get in mate. What other unis did u apply to?
    ok thats good then...
    Bradford
    Medway
    Keele
    Hert and Reading reading my first choice

ReputationRep:
    Got mine on the 15th. Reading and Hert are my top 2 atm but we'll see how the interviews go!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninny)
    Got mine on the 15th. Reading and Hert are my top 2 atm but we'll see how the interviews go!!
    I have interview on 15th too. apparantly the chem/bio qs are hard. so nervous! do u no what the chem/bio qs are. and is it a group interview. do u no what the other qs will be! good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D*Star)
    I have interview on 15th too. apparantly the chem/bio qs are hard. so nervous! do u no what the chem/bio qs are. and is it a group interview. do u no what the other qs will be! good luck.
    I've heard that you have to label some functional groups, few basic maths questions, and labelling the heart. It's an individual interview I think!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what questions they ask for chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    Reading sent me an offer through the post for some weird reason :/ but Wooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    Reading sent me an offer through the post for some weird reason :/ but Wooooooooooo
    really when did you have your intervieww

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard anything from reading after the interview on the 8th for pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    really when did you have your intervieww
    On the 8th December. 2pm.

ReputationRep:
    On the 8th December. 2pm.
    same your so lucky congrats did you get an email a letter or was track updated?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.