Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What language do you most want to learn? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What language would you most like to learn and why?

ReputationRep:
    I want to be able to speak Esperanto like a native.

ReputationRep:
    Parseltongue for obvious reasons

And it would also be amazing to be able to speak something like Korean, so if I go there, I look like a tourist, but I secretly know what the locals are saying about me!

ReputationRep:
    French! Because it sounds cool with the accents, it's hard to learn but I would love to speak it
    Oh and Japanese too

ReputationRep:
    Russian...so I can read original Nabokov like a tool

ReputationRep:
    French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj-92)
    What language would you most like to learn and why?
    Spanish and Chinese Mandarin.

ReputationRep:
    Spanish! I'm somewhat Spanish but only know a little of the actual language.

ReputationRep:
    Korean or Japanese. My two favourite languages but theyre both hard as hell to learn =_=

ReputationRep:
    Aah Spanish, If only I had the proper commitment to really get down and learn how to speak this beautiful language I could go to Tenerife and talk to my cousins and friends.

ReputationRep:
    English

ReputationRep:
    Elfin

Failing that, I'd probably say Chinese Mandarin :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I speak French already, and will hopefully be studying it along with Spanish and possibly German at university, but other than those, I would say Italian or Russian.

ReputationRep:
    French and Spanish. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    Spanish and Chinese Mandarin.
    My exact university course

ReputationRep:
    Spanish and Manderin, because they are the most dominant languages after English.
    I don't think I'd have the will power to learn Manderin properly though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    Spanish and Manderin, because they are the most dominant languages after English.
    I don't think I'd have the will power to learn Manderin properly though.
    Its pretty easy as far as speaking and listening are concerned, its just the reading and writing that are a *****

I'm already learning Mandarin, so gonna learn Spanish after it and then do French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wanischa)
    My exact university course
    Nice one! My sister's doing French and Spanish at uni.

ReputationRep:
    i'd love to learn chinese....but i sometimes find it hard enough speaking polish and english (english worst of my languages) at a decent level, ontop of my mother tongue (lithuanian). i'm happy with speaking 3 languages though. i don't think i have it in me to learn a 4th language. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    i'd love to learn chinese....but i sometimes find it hard enough speaking polish and english (english worst of my languages) at a decent level, ontop of my mother tongue (lithuanian). i'm happy with speaking 3 languages though. i don't think i have it in me to learn a 4th language. x
    Well... What you've just wrote is pretty much perfect! :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.