The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London International Politics Offer Holders/Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by London1234
I really think that if you have any questions about the course, you should talk to the department, or the academics working on the degree, directly. They will be very happy to help you and will answer any questions you might have.

Just to clarify, this is a degree course and is not related to a foundation degree. Indeed, most students accepted onto the programme have qualifications that far exceed the AAB requirement. Competition for entry is also fierce, with more than 1000 applicants in each of the last two years.

do you know how they feel about re-sit applicants? my friend got ABB and is retaking econ to get aab?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by maxcartwright
do you know how they feel about re-sit applicants? my friend got ABB and is retaking econ to get aab?

It won't do any harm to contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies directly.
Original post by London1234
I really think that if you have any questions about the course, you should talk to the department, or the academics working on the degree, directly. They will be very happy to help you and will answer any questions you might have.

Just to clarify, this is a degree course and is not related to a foundation degree. Indeed, most students accepted onto the programme have qualifications that far exceed the AAB requirement. Competition for entry is also fierce, with more than 1000 applicants in each of the last two years.

I know it's a good course - I was just worried that the University itself would be looking down on it - I've seen more negative things on these forums about this course than I have for my others, is all.
Original post by Maddog Jones
I know it's a good course - I was just worried that the University itself would be looking down on it - I've seen more negative things on these forums about this course than I have for my others, is all.

Much of what is written here (about pretty much every uni) so far wide of the mark. TSR is great for sharing information and having a general discussion about uni applications. But you really, really don't want to be making decisions based on what you read here. There is so much inaccuracy and it is a really important decision.

Really there are only two questions you want to be asking yourself when you make your choice:

1) Is the course right for you? Can you see yourself studying this for three years?
2) Are you comfortable with the uni itself? Would you feel happy living there?

TSR is a really good place to talk about these things (esp. the second point) with current students etc. But do you honestly expect anyone here to have a reasonable sense of how the degree is seen by academics working at KCL (apparently it has more applications, btw, than any other degree at in its school)?

I can't stress enough how important it is to work these things out for yourself. You really should get in touch with the staff in the department and maybe arrange a visit with them.
For those who have offers/studying, what gcse grades did you get?
Reply 105
Hey guys real big decision : What should I take , Kings for international politics or Notts for international relations and politics....

BIG decision!
Reply 106
Original post by hemant
Hey guys real big decision : What should I take , Kings for international politics or Notts for international relations and politics....

BIG decision!

Pick Kings!!! I got into both and I'm deffo firming Kings College :smile:
I just got an offer for Politics of the International Economy - I'm really happy and seriously considering King's but I'm having second thoughts about whether a course with so much econ is likely to be in my best interests. What do you suppose are the chances that I'd be able to switch onto International Politics if I took up my offer?
Reply 108
Original post by redhead330
for those who have offers/studying, what gcse grades did you get?

a*a*a*aaabbbb
Original post by MeltyChocolate
I just got an offer for Politics of the International Economy - I'm really happy and seriously considering King's but I'm having second thoughts about whether a course with so much econ is likely to be in my best interests. What do you suppose are the chances that I'd be able to switch onto International Politics if I took up my offer?

Look carefully at the course. If you take the BSc route then it's more economics. If you take the BA then there's a politics focus. In fact, many of the courses are shared between this degree and International Politics. If you're in any doubt about how the degree works you should email the course director.
Reply 110
I still get no reply! Are they going to take me or not? I am so nervous as you guys have all get offers.
Reply 111
Has anyone who has done International Politics been able to do a work placement as part of the course? I noticed that the old foundation course had that as part of the degree and wondered if they might still allow it.
Reply 112
Just found this thread... I got an offer which in all probability will be firming for International Politics... This is going to sound silly but... Am I the only one worried about making friends!? :P
Original post by Katie-27
Has anyone who has done International Politics been able to do a work placement as part of the course? I noticed that the old foundation course had that as part of the degree and wondered if they might still allow it.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record. But have you emailed the academic who runs the degree?
Just firmed my conditional for International Politics BA..... Just need to get AAB now =D

(GCSE grades - a* a a a a a a a a b b b b)
(AS grades - a a a a)
(Predicted grades - a a a a)
Reply 115
Got an offer for Politics of the International Economy yesterday, so excited! :smile: anyone else going to firm this?
Reply 116
Original post by robynmitchell93
Just firmed my conditional for International Politics BA..... Just need to get AAB now =D

(GCSE grades - a* a a a a a a a a b b b b)
(AS grades - a a a a)
(Predicted grades - a a a a)

DXXN When will my offer/rejection come?:mad:
Reply 117
Original post by yasmyne
Got an offer for Politics of the International Economy yesterday, so excited! :smile: anyone else going to firm this?

I am :smile:

Though I'm not sure if I prefer it over the BA International Politics course. That was in fact my original choice, however they transferred me to Politics of the International Economy since they felt I was better suited for it.
Reply 118
I just firmed my offer for International Politics! :smile:
Reply 119
Original post by skay
I am :smile:

Though I'm not sure if I prefer it over the BA International Politics course. That was in fact my original choice, however they transferred me to Politics of the International Economy since they felt I was better suited for it.

exactly the same with me! I was awfully confused when it happened, I didn't know they could do that? I've heard they did it because they didn't want to reject us as applicants but were unable to offer us a place on the BA International politics course. They do look extremely similar so I think I will still take it :smile: Congratulations though!

Quick Reply

Latest