The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
vaider
BCC,I just put brum down for the sake of it and always knew i was going to get rejected.I am happy with my offers!

I think my matess applied for that course at Brum, aston atleast
Reply 21
I don't think the only thing they are after are perfect grades. If there are hundreds of applicants and almost everyone are top grade students, they have to use all the information they can get out of the personal statement and reference. Tough, but that's life. :/
Reply 22
I agree with Salla, its not all about grades. Sure straight As are great but not if u dont have anything else to offer.
Reply 23
Wow, this is shocking. Your grades are neat indeed and I would have expected you to receive an offer. I know I would have expected one if I were you.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Let's hope you get into Cambridge. :biggrin:
Reply 24
rejectees unite~ lol

I got rejected from UCL for Economics and since i have a weak PS (as i found out tonight) i'll probably get rejected from other unis too...

There is always next year!
Reply 25
Traum
rejectees unite~ lol

I got rejected from UCL for Economics and since i have a weak PS (as i found out tonight) i'll probably get rejected from other unis too...

You mean UCL told you that the reason you were rejected was because of your PS!? God, thats kind of scary. My PS wasn't too good... :frown:
Reply 26
**noooni**
Your grades are amazing how can Manchester reject you!?

Here we go again.
Reply 27
Traum
rejectees unite~ lol

How do you know if your ps is weak :confused:
Reply 28
Manchester rejected me for Law with Criminology - gutted! Glad i have 4 other offers so far though :smile:

Ems x
got rejected from Nottingham today. :frown: feel really really bad.
2 of my friends have been rejected from manc law.
Reply 31
I'm sorry about your Law rejection at Manchester!!! You are a VERY good candidate! Dont worry... a girl in my school (who also applied to Camb) just got one offer last year for Law... AT LSE!!! :eek: Amazing isnt it? 4-5 rejections and getting an offer from LSE to study Law! :confused:

About UCL Economics rejection... I got mine last year the 4th of December... my first rejection... however after having a look at my mates PS I realised mine was REALLY BAD!!! However I got an interview at Camb (not very difficult to get, I know :p: ) but 6 rejections! lol! This year my PS is very good and I'm applying to courses / universities I really like! :biggrin: Hopefully I'll have better luck! :wink:

mmm about vaider application to Birmingham for Business with predicted grades of BCC... it is not very smart I have to say... their typical offer is ABB, isnt it?
kitsune
I'm sorry about your Law rejection at Manchester!!! You are a VERY good candidate! Dont worry... a girl in my school (who also applied to Camb) just got one offer last year for Law... AT LSE!!! :eek: Amazing isnt it? 4-5 rejections and getting an offer from LSE to study Law! :confused:

About UCL Economics rejection... I got mine last year the 4th of December... my first rejection... however after having a look at my mates PS I realised mine was REALLY BAD!!! However I got an interview at Camb (not very difficult to get, I know :p: ) but 6 rejections! lol! This year my PS is very good and I'm applying to courses / universities I really like! :biggrin: Hopefully I'll have better luck! :wink:

mmm about vaider application to Birmingham for Business with predicted grades of BCC... it is not very smart I have to say... their typical offer is ABB, isnt it?

good luck this time round mate
Reply 33
How could they reject you? You got more As than me and I got an offer... thats just **cked up.
Reply 34
oblivious
good luck this time round mate

thanks! :smile:
Sometimes I think unis reject obviously exceptional candidates just to to satisfy their egos - for instance one of my friends who is now reading Law at Cambridge got 7As at higher, school dux and all that jazz, and got rejected from Durham and somewhere else (can't remember atm).
yeah i rejected your mam last night
Reply 37
Manchester was a huge Uni and it's even bigger now, I wouldn't be suprised if it has the highest number of aplicants. It's an excellent uni, with an amazing reputation and in a great location, they can reject whoever they want and for whatever reason they want.
However, last year the rejected a lot of eople from my school, the head of careers wrote to them asking for an explanation, resulting in loads of people getting offers made to them in the end
Reply 38
Two girls I know got rejected from Warwick for English. No letter or anything, just rejection.

I applied for English and Creative Writing. Nothing yet.
Reply 39
Good grief, if they're rejecting on the basis of GCSE grades, I'm for the wolves!!!!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending