Anon
*BUMP* so nic_knock can see this :smile:

Thanks!!

Am cacking myself now. So nervous!!!
Reply 22
nic_knock
Thanks!!

Am cacking myself now. So nervous!!!

Don't worry (easy to say and hard to do I know!!!) but honestly, it is never as bad as you imagine it to be. I'm sure you will do great :biggrin:
Reply 23
Had an interview today in swansea and these are the sort of questions they asked me:
Tell me about yourself?
Why do u want to work with children?
Why nursing?
If we ask your friends with you out of the room, how would they describe you?
What is the press related to childrens issues?
Why would u like to go to swansea?
Out of the subjects you do, what do you enjoy?

that is all i can think off at the moment.
hope this is some help! :smile:
Reply 24
If anyone wants help or advice on the nursing interview, feel free to ask me, i went to all of mine in December, i went for interviews at City, King's, Kingston, South bank and Greenwich. So i really feel i am interviewed out now!

I have to say they were all quite similar, the biggest worry to me was the group discussions that they hold at some of the interviews, i had two. But they are really nothing to worry about, i am a big wimp and hate speaking in groups, and they are okay. At city we got a topic each and we had to start a discussion on that topic, that was the scariest thing i did in all the interviews and really it isn't so bad.

In the individual interviews they wil ask you questions like

"what does being a nurse mean to you?"
"what do you think nurses do?"
"how will you cope with stress?"
"why are you suited to be a nurse?"
"what makes somebody suited to be a nurse?"
And they will always ask why you want to go to that particular interview, whihc posed problems with me as some of the uni's i didn't really want to go to!, just think ahead, make sure you know why you want nursing, what you are going to do with it and what it entails you shouldn't slip up then.

Also use any experience you have to sell yourself because it really impresses the interviewers.

Beacuase all my interviews were in lodon and i live in Manchester, i had pleanty of time on the coach on the way down to london, to try learn answers to questions they might throw at me, i am really glad i did that, it meant that i didnt get tongue tied when trying to answer, or pause or stammer, so it just allowed me to try and sound friednly and confident.

Jo

xxx
:smile:

Latest