The Student Room Group

What's the worst way of breaking up?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz
wow. Just bad guys or something you're not telling? Lol

I used to be a bad judge of character...
Reply 81
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I used to be a bad judge of character...

:console: awful guys! Relationships suck
Over the phone. Or really any way where you aren't face to face in the same room (so I'm excluding skype!) is pretty cruel e.g. text & email.

Break-ups should be done properly where you can sit down with your partner in a private place & explain why the relationship isn't working out for you.

I also think breaking-up in public is a big no no.
Reply 84
Silence, utter disrespect
Original post by silverbolt
Your gf gets a new fella, cheats on you with him,
moves him into the flat your paying for (along with the food, cigarettes, drinks and everything else for 8 months)
then about a week later
in front of said new bloke and a friend
spends six hours throwing everything you have ever trusted her, every secret about yourself that you let her know, every vulnerability you have ever confided in her, every niggling self doubt you have and told her about and throws it into your face, tries to goad you into hitting her, spends these six hours telling you what a vile awful hideous boyfriend you have been until you are left crying into her lap convinced you are the worst kind of scum and that she is the victim of a hideously abusive relationship. Then at the end of it tells you if you want you can sleep on the couch until i found somewhere else to live and would i mind helping her move the new lads stuff in.

True story

Thanks for the dragging up those memories OP

:frown: Awwww :frown:
I was listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SIX-Qp6v4k when I read that paragraph, and although I don't even know you, I cried. That girl clearly doesn't represent the entire female population, so I hope she didn't make you lose faith in the female species. :smile: :colondollar: <3
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
Over the phone. Or really any way where you aren't face to face in the same room (so I'm excluding skype!) is pretty cruel e.g. text & email.

Break-ups should be done properly where you can sit down with your partner in a private place & explain why the relationship isn't working out for you.

I also think breaking-up in public is a big no no.

\my bf broke up with me via text and couldnt even pick the phone up when I called him, cause "it was too hard hard on him"
Reply 87
quoting their post on TSR
Original post by dmz
:console: awful guys! Relationships suck

Nah I live =D
Reply 89
Getting someone else to text them saying it's over. Actually no. The worst is someone trying to get their friends to the other person to break up with them.
Reply 90
Someone should combine all of these at some point.

It would be a powerful display of the teenage breakup. :cool:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Nah I live =D

that's good :smile: but i still think relationships sucks
Reply 92
Murder-Suicide.
Reply 93
Making plans with you for her birthday, telling you she loves you the night before, then giving you the cold shoulder for 3 days including her birthday and breaking up with you by text :s-smilie:
This happened to me and it sucks ass

Paying for a holiday, and being excited about it for months and months.

Night before the flight?

No show.

On the morning of the flight she tells you that she will meet you at the airport.

No show.

I should have turned around and gone home, but as I had been dropped off by mum (who spent about 4 hours to get me there) and was too embarassed to tell her that "the girl I had been seeing for 3 years, the one I was treating to a holiday, who you had treated like a daughter, has just dumped me. I know you've done about 2 hours on the road back home, but I need you to turn around and come get me"

my mum isn't too understanding, and would've made me feel even worse for being such a dumb ****.

Needless to say, I spent 10 days in Amsterdam, by myself.

If they didn't sell pot, I don't know what I would have done.

But yeah, those 10 days were the most lonley I have ever been in my life. Being in a foreign country, just being dumped and being stoned out of my mind was not a good combination. :frown: I litrally spent the entire time in my room smoking/wandering the streets of amtserdam.

The worst thing is, whenever my mum called, I pretended that I was with her, and we were having a great time.

To this day, my mum thinks we broke up AFTER the holiday....

I couldn't get a refund for her ticket or change the hotel room....so I spent like £800 on the worste holiday of my life....if only she told me earlier I could have taken a friend? what a ****

This ex has recently been trying to get in touch with me, and although I was waaaay into her, i'm not sure I could let someone so unreliable back into my life.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by Bongboy6969

Night before the flight?

No show.

On the morning of the flight she tells you that she will meet you at the airport.

No show.

I should have turned around and gone home, but as I had been dropped off by mum (who spent about 4 hours to get me there) and was too embarassed to tell her that "the girl I had been seeing for 3 years, the one I was treating to a holiday, who you had treated like a daughter, has just dumped me. I know you've done about 2 hours on the road back home, but I need you to turn around and come get me"

my mum isn't too understanding, and would've made me feel even worse for being such a dumb ****.

But yeah, those 10 days were the most lonley I have ever been in my life. Being in a foreign country, just being dumped and being stoned out of my mind was not a good combination. :frown: I litrally spent the entire time in my room smoking/wandering the streets of amtserdam.

The worst thing is, whenever my mum called, I pretended that I was with her, and we were having a great time.

I couldn't get a refund for her ticket or change the hotel room....so I spent like £800 on the worste holiday of my life....if only she told me earlier I could have taken a friend? what a ****

This ex has recently been trying to get in touch with me, and although I was waaaay into her, i'm not sure I could let someone so unreliable back into my life.

Ouch, thats harsh :/ I feel for you bud. Had something similar myself before
Original post by Oranges
Ouch, thats harsh :/ I feel for you bud. Had something similar myself before

yeh thats pretty bad....at least you managed to toke
Reply 97
Original post by Bongboy6969

Night before the flight?

No show.

No show.

DONT let her back into your life! shes obviously a cold hearted b*tch! just let her know how content you are in your life now! :biggrin:

the worst ways ive been broken up with are

-being ignored, never ever heard from them ever again, deleted of fb, no answer to calls etc

- & dropping me off at work an 10 mins before my shift starts calling me up and telling me its over. Gimp -_-
:mad:

but now im in a happy relationship again :biggrin: yay fingers crossed for this one!
Original post by Jadelyndsey
:frown: Awwww :frown:
I was listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SIX-Qp6v4k when I read that paragraph, and although I don't even know you, I cried. That girl clearly doesn't represent the entire female population, so I hope she didn't make you lose faith in the female species. :smile: :colondollar: <3

thanks, i know i guess :tongue:
Original post by RinniieX
DONT let her back into your life! shes obviously a cold hearted b*tch! just let her know how content you are in your life now! :biggrin:

the worst ways ive been broken up with are

-being ignored, never ever heard from them ever again, deleted of fb, no answer to calls etc

- & dropping me off at work an 10 mins before my shift starts calling me up and telling me its over. Gimp -_-
:mad:

but now im in a happy relationship again :biggrin: yay fingers crossed for this one!

Yeah, im not really the type of person that holds a rgudge, but I would love to give her some sweet sweet revenge one day...that would probably make me more happy than finding a new girl (but I guess you gotta do the second, in order to achieve the first?)

yeah she still has the cheek to text me and ask me how im doing....

stupid cow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending